CNN’s Jake Tapper Laughs as He Reads Fox Statement on Dominion Lawsuit

Date:

Jake Tapper, a CNN anchor, struggled to maintain his composure while reading a statement from Fox News regarding a $787.5 million settlement with Dominion Voting Systems on Tuesday. 

He found it difficult to believe that Fox News could describe the settlement as a positive outcome. Tapper sarcastically repeated the word “dispute” and expressed his disbelief at Fox’s claim of a commitment to the highest journalistic standards.

- Advertisement -

“‘We acknowledge the court’s rulings finding certain claims about Dominion to be false. This settlement reflects’–I’m sorry. This is going to be difficult to say with a straight face,” Tapper said in a rare moment of losing his composure. 

 The settlement was announced by a Delaware federal court immediately after a jury had been seated. Dominion’s president stated at a press conference that Fox had admitted to telling lies about his company. The terms of the settlement, aside from a payment nearing $800 million, remain undisclosed. A trial could have resulted in high-profile Fox figures testifying in court.

‘This settlement reflects Fox’s continued commitment to the highest journalistic standards,'” Tapper displayed a facial expression indicating his skepticism or disdain before continuing. “We are hopeful that our’–sorry. ‘We are hopeful that our decision to resolve the dispute with Dominion amicably instead of the acrimony of a divisive trial allows the country to move forward from these issues.'”

Jake Tapper described Tuesday as “one of the ugliest and most embarrassing moments in the history of journalism.”

“The truth matters, and lies have consequences,” Dominion lawyer Justin Nelson said in a news conference outside the courthouse after a judge announced the deal.

- Advertisement -
Barrett Media Audio SummitBarrett Media Audio SummitBarrett Media Audio SummitBarrett Media Audio Summit

Popular