Connect with us

News Video

Ari Fleischer Believes President Trump Should Avoid Next Debate Until He Tests Negative for COVID

Fleischer said the second presidential debate shouldn’t take place if the president continues to test positive for the virus leading up to the debate

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

Last week, President Trump tested positive for COVID-19, which resulted in the president having the check himself into Walter Reed National Military Medical Center for a few days.

Trump is now out of the hospital and in the White House, so many US Citizens wonder if the two scheduled debates with Democratic Presidential Nominee Joe Biden will go as planned.

However, suppose it was up to Fox News contributor and former White House press secretary Ari Fleischer. In that case, it shouldn’t take place if the president continues to test positive for the virus leading up to the debate he said on Fox News’ “Outnumbered.”

“If you have COVID, you don’t go. It’s not more complicated than that,” Fleischer said. “This is how all of us should live our lives. If you test positive, you’ve got to be respectful about all of those around you. If you’re the president — I don’t care who you are in life.”

The Fox News contributor states that he’ll find an acceptable with an in-person debate if Trump tests negative for the virus and clears it with a doctor beforehand. “I hope his doctor gives him the clearance, not only for his sake, for the country’s sake, but for the sake of those who be at the event with him, including [former] Vice President [Joe] Biden and the Secret Service, everybody,” Fleischer said.

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

News Video

Joe Scarborough: ‘CNN is a Really Hard Place to Run’

“(Jeff) Zucker is the best of ’em, and I think in time, I think Chris (Licht) will be proven to be the best of ’em, too.”

Barrett News Media

Published

on

Embattled CNN CEO Chris Licht is facing his strongest pushback at the network after an exposé from The Atlantic detailed “the meltdown” at CNN. However, MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough is defending his former colleague Monday.

During Morning Joe, which Licht was once the executive producer of, the former congressman said much of the reporting surrounding Licht’s tenure has been inaccurate.

“I mean, listen, I love Jeff Zucker. He’s a friend of ours,” Scarborough said. “He saved my job at NBC more than one or two times, so I’m not mocking Jeff, but this idea that (CNN) was a ratings juggernaut when it just wasn’t before Chris walked through the door? That’s not Jeff’s fault, that’s just bad reporting. It wasn’t. It was in third place.

“You look at when Phil Griffin left, MSNBC was first, Fox was second, and CNN was third. That’s how it was a lot in those final years. Again, not a knock on Jeff at all. CNN is a really hard place to run for the best of ’em. Zucker is the best of ’em, and I think in time, I think Chris will be proven to be the best of ’em, too.”

Scarborough also read a Twitter thread of Licht’s Monday comments to staffers where he took accountability for the damaging remarks he made about CNN before his tenure to The Atlantic.

“That’s exactly what you’d want from somebody that made a mistake,” Scarborough said. “They step forward, they admit the mistake, and say ‘I’m very sorry’. Head down. ‘Let’s get to work’.”

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading

News Video

Chris Licht Tells CNN Staffers ‘I Should Not Be in the News Unless It’s Taking Arrows For You’

The CNN CEO reportedly told employees he would “fight like hell” to win their trust back after making disparaging statements about their work before his tenure began.

Barrett News Media

Published

on

CNN chairman and CEO Chris Licht addressed an exposé from The Atlantic that dropped late last week to staffers in a Monday morning meeting.

The profile, authored by Tim Alberta, details the “meltdown” at the network. Alberta spent nearly a year behind the scenes with Licht, who trashed the previous regime’s strategy of covering the 24-hour news cycle and the stances network talents took against former President Donald Trump.

Reaction to the story has been varied, but most observers commented that the piece made Licht look inept and many questioned his future leading the network after it was published.

While speaking to staffers during the Monday morning editorial call, Licht said he spent time thinking about the profile.

“CNN is not about me,” Licht said, according to former CNN media reporter Brian Stelter. “I should not be in the news unless it’s taking arrows for you. Your work is what should be written about.”

The CNN CEO reportedly told employees he would “fight like hell” to win their trust back after making disparaging statements about their work before his tenure began.

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading

News Video

News Media Reacts to Chuck Todd Announcing Meet The Press Exit

Todd has been the subject of much criticism from both sides of the political aisle.

Barrett News Media

Published

on

To end Sunday’s show, NBC News Meet The Press moderator Chuck Todd announced he would exit the show in September after a nine-year run leading the program.

Todd has been the subject of much criticism from both sides of the political aisle. Many have claimed he is too soft on misinformation spread by Republicans, while conservatives have charged that he has shown a liberal bias during his tenure.

Many in the news media world shared their surprise that he was stepping aside, and lauded the decision to replace him with Kristen Welker, who has most recently served as a White House correspondent for NBC.

Welker herself called Todd a “mentor and friend”, and shared she was “humbled and grateful to take the baton and continue to build on the legacy” of the show that debuted in 1947.

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Advertisement

BNM Writers

Copyright © 2023 Barrett Media.