Conservative personality Megyn Kelly is trying to turn the tables on CNN and other media outlets by blaming them for the deadly riots that took place at the U.S. Capitol on Jan 6.
Kelly made her comments to BBC Newsnight on Saturday.
“Part of the reason we saw what happened at the Capitol here two weeks ago is because there had been a complete lack of trust in the media,” said Kelly. “People don’t know where to turn for true information, they don’t trust the media anymore.”
Kelly left Fox News in 2017 following a feud with Trump. She was fired from NBC News in 2018 for controversial comments about blackface.
Kelly admitted that the message coming from the White House could have contained less rhetoric. “But it’s not going to change how divided we are here in America because Trump was the symptom of those divisions, not the cause of them.”
British journalist Hugo Lowell reacted to Kelly’s assessment of the Capitol siege. “I’m sorry but I’ve never heard anything so ridiculous as Megyn Kelly saying on BBC Newsnight that Trump mobs attacked the Capitol because they didn’t trust the media — not Trump lying that the election was stolen.”
Kelly said the media would stop at nothing to ruin Trump even if it meant deceiving the American people.
“They hated him so much, they checked their objectivity, and it wasn’t just CNN, all of them did. They just couldn’t check their own personal feelings about him,” Kelly said.
Ryan Hedrick works for WIBC in Indianapolis as a Morning News Anchor/Digital Content Producer. Prior to moving to Indy, he served as Assistant Program Director and Co-Host of the Morning News Express at WFMD. His career also includes stints at News Talk 103.7 FM in Chambersburg, PA, Sirius XM in Washington D.C., WBEN in Buffalo, NY, and WIBW-AM in Topeka KS where he earned the Kansas Association of Broadcasters (KAB) award for Major Market enterprise reporting in 2016. To connect with Ryan, find him on Twitter @SureToCover.
Tucker Carlson Quietly Steps Down from Board of The Daily Caller
“His board term was up and he’s busy with his new projects.”
The Daily Beast reported Thursday that former Fox News host Tucker Carlson quietly stepped down from the board of The Daily Caller. Carlson co-founded the media organization in 2011 and has held a chair position for over a decade.
Nonetheless, citing an unreported tax filing, the report notes that Carlson disappeared from the board of The Daily Caller News Foundation in 2022. Still, the precise timing is unclear.
Carlson did not comment on his removal from the board but attempted to diminish The Daily Beast and the reporter.
“You’re still working for The Daily Beast? How old are you?” Carlson asked.
Tucker Carlson and The Daily Caller had kept the news hidden until recently. The nonprofit submitted its annual registration with the state on December 7, 2022, and Carlson’s name appeared as a director.
The nonprofit did not include his name in the annual registration they filed earlier this month. Additionally, on their September 2022 tax return, they omitted to list him as a board member.
Neil Patel, co-founder and chairperson of The Daily Caller, has been serving on the board with Carlson since the beginning. He expressed in a statement to The Daily Beast that Carlson was too busy for his five-hour-a-week board position and had reached his term limit without providing any additional explanation.
“We love Tucker,” the statement said. “He’s our founder. His board term was up and he’s busy with his new projects, so we moved him to an honorary role.”
News Media Reacts to MSNBC Canceling The Mehdi Hasan Show
After the cancellation of his program, the network plans to utilize Hasan as both an analyst and a fill-in host.
Semafor’s Max Tani reported on Thursday that MSNBC has canceled The Mehdi Hasan Show, which aired on Sundays at 8 PM ET. Furthermore, Hasan’s Peacock-exclusive program, which ran on Tuesday, is also being canceled.
After the cancellation of his program, the network plans to utilize Hasan as both an analyst and a fill-in host. There was plenty of reaction regarding the news. Here’s what some had to say:
Additionally, MSNBC will launch a new “ensemble” program that Alicia Menendez, Symone Sanders-Townsend, and Michael Steele will lead. The Weekend program will air on Saturdays and Sundays from 8-10 AM ET.
Jonathan Capehart’s program will air at 6 PM ET on weekends, and the weekend schedule will include an expanded three-hour edition of Alex Witt Reports.
MSNBC Shuffles Weekend Lineup, Cancels The Mehdi Hasan Show
After his program’s cancellation, the network plans to use Hasan as an analyst and a fill-in host.
MSNBC has reportedly canceled the weekend show hosted by Mehdi Hasan and will expand an existing program hosted by Ayman Mohyeldin, as part of a larger weekend shuffle.
The Mehdi Hasan Show aired on Sundays at 8 PM ET. Additionally, he hosted a Peacock-exclusive program on Tuesdays. After his program’s cancellation, the network plans to use Hasan as an analyst and a fill-in host, according to a report from Semafor’s Max Tani.
MSNBC will launch a new “ensemble” program that will be led by Alicia Menendez, Symone Sanders-Townsend, and Michael Steele. Dubbed The Weekend, the new program will air on both Saturday and Sunday from 8-10 AM ET. As part of the new program, both Symone Sanders-Townsend and Alicia Menendez will relinquish their already existing weekend shows.
“As we emerge from a multitude of historic events these past months, we have an opportunity to build on our accomplishments and keep the momentum going into 2024 and beyond,” MSNBC President Rashida Jones wrote in an internal memo to staffers Thursday, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The network is also moving the program hosted by Jonathan Capehart to 6 PM ET on both Saturdays and Sundays. The existing show in that timeslot helmed by Yasmin Vossoughian will end, and she will continue to work as a national reporter.
Alex Witt Reports will expand to three hours as part of the weekend shuffle.