Connect with us
Barrett News Media Summit 2024

News Television

Newsmax Distances Itself From Host’s Comments Over Vaccine

Newsmax host Rob Schmitt suggested that vaccines go against nature, the network issued a statement as they distance themselves.

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

Following comments made by Newsmax host Rob Schmitt, where he suggested that vaccines go against nature, the network issued a statement as they distance themselves from the remarks made by Schmitt. 

“Newsmax as a network strongly supports President Biden’s efforts to widely distribute the COVID vaccine. It is important for the safety of all and especially those at high risk, such as the elderly,” a spokesperson said as The Hill relaid their words. 

“Medical professionals who have appeared on Newsmax have strongly encouraged Americans to get the vaccine.”

Last week, Schmitt spoke with a university professor where he asked if some deadly diseases are “supposed to wipe out a certain amount of people.”

“You know, one thing I’ve always thought, and maybe you can guide me on this because, obviously, I’m not a doctor. But I’ve always thought about vaccines, and I always think about just nature and the way everything works. And I feel like a vaccination in a weird way is just generally kind of going against nature,” Schmitt said. 

Newsmax doesn’t want to be held liable for any comments their hosts, contributors, or guests make on their network, which is why they were quick to put out a statement. 

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Howard Balzer

    July 15, 2021 at 12:05 pm

    I wonder if he also believes that ANY medication to treat illness is also “going against nature.” Let’s ban all medicine and that will surely help “wipe out a certain amount of people.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

News Television

Alleged Fox News Hacker of Viral Tucker Carlson Clips Indicted

“We obviously emphatically deny these charges and we’re looking forward to the opportunity to defend him and exonerate him.”

Barrett News Media

Published

on

A photo of Tucker Carlson drinking a beer
(Photo: Media Matters)

After being arrested last year as the accused hacker of the viral clips of Tucker Carlson after his exit from Fox News, former Deadspin editor Tim Burke has been indicted in a federal court.

Burke was arrested Thursday morning in Tampa Bay, and is charged with 14 crimes, including conspiracy.

Law enforcement officials allege Burke and an unnamed accomplice used “compromised credentials” to illegally access video streams from Fox News to distribute unflattering clips of Carlson after his high-profile exit from the conservative cable outlet last April.

The complaint also alleges that Buke took “specific steps” to mask how and where the clips — which were ultimately published by Media Matters — were obtained.

Attorneys representing Burke allege he did nothing wrong in obtaining and disseminating the videos.

“It’s not hacking, it’s just good investigative journalism,” Maddux told the Tampa Bay Times Thursday. “We obviously emphatically deny these charges and we’re looking forward to the opportunity to defend him and exonerate him.”

Earlier this year, the ACLU of Florida agreed, claiming the details of Burke’s case have a “chilling effect on journalism.”

The videos of Tucker Carlson were released in a steady stream by Media Matters. Over the course of several days, clips of Carlson railing against the FOX Nation streaming service, drinking on the job, asking a makeup artist if she had pillow fights during sleepovers, and his controversial interview with rapper Kanye West that featured anti-Semitic comments from the artist were all released by the media watchdog organization.

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading

News Television

Mehdi Hasan Joins The Guardian After MSNBC Exit

“It’s a huge honor and a privilege.”

Barrett News Media

Published

on

Mehdi Hasan
(Photo: MSNBC)

MSNBC host Mehdi Hasan departed the cable news network earlier this year. He now has a new home at The Guardian.

Hasan has joined The Guardian U.S. as a regular columnist, giving his commentary on politics, culture, race, and other topics for the outlet.

“I have been poring over columns in the Guardian since I was a teenager. Now I get to write some of my own in what is perhaps one of the busiest and biggest news years of my lifetime,” said Hasan told Semafor. “It’s a huge honor and a privilege.”

The outlet’s editor, Betsy Reed, said the publication is “proud to provide a platform for his incisive political commentary, relentless advocacy for human rights an

d free speech, and fearless accountability for those in power. Mehdi is the latest addition to a stellar, expanding roster of opinion writers here at Guardian US, and I look forward to his contributions in the months ahead.”

MSNBC canceled The Mehdi Hasan Show in November. The network faced charges of silencing Muslim voices after several members of the faith were removed from their posts on the network. It denied the accusations that came weeks after the October 7th terrorist attacks from Hamas against Israel.

Hasan then announced his departure from the network last month, saying it was his decision to leave MSNBC.

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading

News Television

Tucker Carlson on Putin Sit-Down: ‘There’s A Lot About That Interview I Don’t Really Understand’

“I’m not sure I understand exactly what he was doing. So I shouldn’t pretend that I do…I don’t think he was very effective.”

Barrett News Media

Published

on

A photo of Tucker Carlson interviewing Vladimir Putin
(Photo: Tucker Carlson Network)

Tucker Carlson is speaking about his interview with Russian President Vladimir Putin and says there are portions of the interview he’s dumbfounded by.

The former Fox News host joined Glenn Beck for his BlazeTV program to discuss the high-profile interview. Carlson has received plenty of backlash for his sit-down interview with Putin, with critics calling the dialogue with the dictator ‘Pure Propaganda’ and saying he acted ‘like an eager puppy’ during the conversation.

“I was enraged because I thought — I didn’t go into the interview feeling like I had to posture, morally,” said Carlson of the first few long-winded answers from the Russian leader. “I took a look at the last interview he did with the Western journalist, and the entire interview was the reporter from some dumb news outlet being like, ‘I’m a good person, you’re a bad person!’ I’m not interested in proving I’m a good person. People can assess, God can assess. I just wanted information.

“But I was infuriated because I thought he was filibustering. So really pretty straightforward. The obvious question which is, why did you do this? Why do you send troops into eastern Ukraine? And he goes on this long answer, and so I interrupted him a couple of times, or I tried to. He got very snippy,” admitted Carlson. “And then I realized, no, this is the answer. He’s thinks differently.”

Tucker Carlson then noted he wasn’t entirely sure of Putin’s reasoning for taking the interview, but admitted if the goal was to turn Western support to Russia’s side, the leader failed in that mission.

“I’m not sure I understand exactly what he was doing. So I shouldn’t pretend that I do. There’s a lot about that interview that I don’t really understand. I don’t think he was very effective. If his goal was to win a Western audience to his perspective.

“It didn’t make me more pro-Putin. Not that I was. And by the way, I should just say at the outset, I’ve been accused of being pro-Putin and I’m not, but if I was, that’s okay, too, right? I’m an adult man and an American. I can like or dislike anyone I want. I can have any opinion I want. I’m not ashamed of it. And the idea that like, a small number of people in D.C. get to decide what I believe is not something I accept.”

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Advertisement
Advertisement

Upcoming Events

BNM Writers

Copyright © 2024 Barrett Media.