Connect with us

News Video

CNN Suspends Anchor Chris Cuomo Indefinitely

Anderson Cooper will anchor the 9 p.m. slot on Tuesday, the CNN spokesperson said.

Ryan Hedrick

Published

on

Embattled CNN anchor Chris Cuomo has been suspended indefinitely Tuesday in the wake of documents released by The New York Attorney General’s office that point to his attempts to help his brother Andrew Cuomo cover-up allegations of sexual misconduct.

The evidence includes text messages between Chris Cuomo and Melissa DeRosa, a then-top aide to Gov. Andrew Cuomo.  The messages revealed that Cuomo was willing to use his sources to smear the reputations of the former governor’s accusers.

“When Chris admitted to us that he had offered advice to his brother’s staff, he broke our rules and we acknowledged that publicly,” the network said in a statement. “But we also appreciated the unique position he was in and understood his need to put family first and job second.”

Anderson Cooper will anchor the 9 p.m. slot on Tuesday, the CNN spokesperson said.

In August Cuomo publicly denied serving as an advisor to his brother. The network reportedly warned Cuomo to stop communicating with his brother’s aides.

According to Ballotpedia, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) resigned on August 24. He first announced his resignation on August 10, saying, “Given the circumstances, the best way I can help now is if I step aside and let the government get back to governing.

“I never attacked nor encouraged anyone to attack any woman who came forward. I never made calls to the press about my brother’s situation,” Cuomo said in August.

“The New York Attorney General’s office released transcripts and exhibits Monday that shed new light on Chris Cuomo’s involvement in his brother’s defense,” a CNN spokesperson said Tuesday evening. “The documents, which we were not privy to before their public release, raise serious questions.”

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

News Video

Tucker Carlson Leaks Traced Back to Former Deadspin Editor

Burke, who is the husband of Tampa City Council member Lynn Hurtak, saw his home raided by FBI agents earlier this month.

Barrett News Media

Published

on

The FBI has traced leaked videos of former Fox News host Tucker Carlson back to former Deadspin video editor Timothy Burke.

Burke, who is the husband of Tampa City Council member Lynn Hurtak, saw his home raided by FBI agents earlier this month.

A report from the Tampa Bay Times claims a letter was sent to Fox News by the FBI asking the network to preserve information and records related to the investigation for 90 days. The investigation at Fox News “concerns allegations of unauthorized computer access, interception of wire, oral, or electronic communication, conspiracy, and other federal crimes”.

The reportedly hacked material includes the subsequent leaking of unaired portions of Carlson’s interview with Kanye West, which included anti-Semitic remarks, and also the “FOXLEAKS” series from Media Matters that showed Carlson complaining about his relationship with Fox News, among other things.

Many pundits, notably Megyn Kelly and Charlie Kirk, have argued that Fox News was behind the Media Matters leaks. The letter from the FBI to Fox News says both Media Matters and Vice News — who published the West interview clips — have not been accused of any wrongdoing.

Burke has been a prominent online video figure. He produced a video that has gone viral several different times showcasing local news anchors at all Sinclair-owned stations reading the same script about trust in journalism. He also co-authored the 2012 Deadspin report that showed revealed Notre Dame linebacker Manti Teo’s reported relationship and death of his girlfriend was a catfishing hoax.

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading

News Video

Sean Hannity Hosting Trump Town Hall on Fox News

The one-hour event will be pre-recorded and air in primetime at 9:00 PM ET.

Barrett News Media

Published

on

Fox News host Sean Hannity will host a town hall event with former President Donald Trump next week.

On his primetime television show Thursday, Hannity announced that he will be joined by Trump on Thursday, June 1st for an event in Iowa.

Trump sat down with CNN moderator Kaitlan Collins for a contentious town hall in New Hampshire earlier this month. At the live event, Trump took questions from Republican voters, while also clashing with Collins as she attempted to fact-check and limit his use of false statements.

In the Fox News town hall, the one-hour event will be pre-recorded and air in primetime at 9:00 PM ET. Fox News has aired several pre-recorded sit-down interviews with the former President in recent months.

Earlier this week, while discussing on his radio show whether or not each prospective Republican candidate deserves the same amount of coverage, Hannity shared he had scheduled the event with Trump, but could not remember the specific details.

The event will be taped in Clive, Iowa, a western suburb of Des Moines. It begins a slate of scheduled Republican town halls, as CNN will host events with Nikki Haley and Mike Pence in the following week.

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading

News Video

Kaitlan Collins Bids Farewell to CNN This Morning as Primetime Show Looms

“The gift of this show, for me, has been you. Thanks for the laughs, the fun, the many Starbucks orders, mostly the friendship.”

Barrett News Media

Published

on

CNN This Morning anchor Kaitlan Collins signed off from the show for the final time Thursday as she begins preparations to move to the network’s primetime lineup.

Collins will begin hosting the 9:00 PM ET program for CNN as it looks to regain its footing from a yearslong slide in the ratings. Recently, the network has seen some programs, including Anderson Cooper’s 8:00 PM ET show, defeated in the ratings by upstart Newsmax.

As she shared her final moments on the program with co-anchor Poppy Harlow, Collins shared her appreciation for the relationship she had built with her co-host.

“The gift of this show, for me, has been you. Thanks for the laughs, the fun, the many Starbucks orders, mostly the friendship,” Harlow said to Collins.

CNN This Morning debuted last fall as a three-person program with Collins, Harlow, and the now departed Don Lemon. Lemon and Collins reportedly clashed behind the scenes during a November episode that saw Collins leave the program early. The morning show has failed to gain much traction with viewers thus far, sitting at or below the network’s previous iteration — New Day — in average audience.

Collins is slated to begin her new primetime program in June. It is yet to be titled and a firm debut date has not been announced.

In the meantime, CNN will pair Harlow with a rotating panel of guest co-hosts before settling on a replacement for Collins.

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Advertisement

BNM Writers

Copyright © 2023 Barrett Media.