Connect with us
BNM Summit

News Radio

WBT Invests Further in Brett Jensen and Mark Garrison

“WBT also inked Jensen and veteran news reporter and host Mark Garrison to long-term deals.”

Ryan Hedrick

Published

on

WBT Charlotte’s News Talk will add one more local show to its already packed lineup. The announcement made Tuesday involves senior reporter Brett Jensen who will now host a show called “Breaking with Brett Jensen.” The show debuts on June 6th at 7:00 p.m.

WBT also inked Jensen and veteran news reporter and host Mark Garrison to long-term deals. The station is additionally elevating Garrison to the role of news director. He will continue to host his nightly show, “Charlotte at Six with Mark Garrison.”

In a news release obtained by Barrett News Media, Jensen said his new show won’t take away from his reporting duties, “but, instead, will allow me to deliver more information than ever before. I’d like to thank Marsha Landess and (Program Director) Mike Schaefer for this new adventure in my career.” 

In the past two years, WBT has bolstered its live and local lineup from 5:00 AM to 8:00 PM with veteran Anchors Anna Erickson, Mark Mueller, and Tony Marino to work alongside Garrison, Jensen, Reporter Joe Gillespie, Traffic Reporters Pam Warner and Boomer Von Cannon, Sports Reporters Jim Szoke and Sharon Thorsland, and Anchors Jeff Atkinson and Mike Dohn. 

Last month, WBT, which is owned by Radio One, celebrated its 100th anniversary with an array of festivities at the Dale F. Halton Theater in Uptown Charlotte.

“Mark and Brett are among the elite News professionals in the country, period,” said Radio One, Regional Vice President and Market Manager, Marsha Landess. “We are thrilled that their new appointments will strengthen the best News department in Charlotte.”

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

News Radio

The Other Side of Midnight with Frank Morano Added to 830 WCCO, KDWN Daily Lineups

“Listeners tell us they can’t go to sleep because stay up to hear what Frank is going to say next!”

Barrett News Media

Published

on

A photo of Frank Morano
(Photo: Red Apple Media)

The Other Side of Midnight with Frank Morano has been added to the daily lineup at a pair of Audacy news/talk stations, 830 WCCO in Minneapolis and KDWN in Las Vegas.

The program, which originates from New York news/talk station 77 WABC, airs live from 1-5 AM ET.

“I’m incredibly grateful to be on both of these great radio stations. I’ve dreamt of being on the radio in Minnesota ever since Jesse Ventura ran for Governor. It’s great to be on a station that has so many independent thinkers,” said Morano.

He added his excitement for being added to the KDWN lineup by saying, “I’m absolutely thrilled to be on the air in Las Vegas, a 24/7 city. It’s great to talk to an audience in a city that’s up all night.”

“We’re thrilled to add these two great affiliates to The Red Apple Audio Networks,” added Red Apple Media and 77 WABC President Chad Lopez. “Listeners tell us they can’t go to sleep because stay up to hear what Frank is going to say next!”

In addition to now being heard in Minneapolis and Las Vegas, overnight program hosted by Frank Morano is also part of lineups at KMOX in St. Louis, WCBM in Baltimore, and WFDF in Detroit, among others.

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading

News Radio

Dominic Carter to Helm 3 PM Timeslot on 77 WABC

Carter will continue to host his late-night programs in addition to his new 3 PM hour on the New York news/talk station.

Barrett News Media

Published

on

A photo of Dominic Carter and the 77 WABC logo
(Photo: 77 WABC)

77 WABC has announced that Dominic Carter will take over the 3-4 PM timeslot previously helmed by Rudy Giuliani in the station’s daily lineup.

Carter will continue to host his late-night program from Midnight to 1 AM on weekdays and 11 PM to midnight on Sundays, in addition to his new 3 PM hour on the New York news/talk station.

“I’m excited about hosting an afternoon slot and grateful for the trust that Mr. Catsimatidis and Chad Lopez have shown in me,” said Carter. “It’s an honor to serve the New York City area listeners, especially on a powerhouse station like WABC Radio, as well as WLIR 107.1, our sister station on Long Island.”

“It is with great pleasure that I announce Dominic as our 3 to 4 pm host,” added Red Apple Media and WABC Radio owner John Catsimatidis. “Dominic is an exceptional broadcast journalist and political commentator, who presents all sides of issues relevant to our listeners. He’s done an excellent job with his overnight programs, and I know he will do the same with the 3pm hour.”

Carter steps into the timeslot previously held by former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani. He departed the station last month after continually dismissing edicts relating to the way WABC would discuss the validity of the 2020 presidential election. Giuliani — who served as an attorney for former President Donald Trump — has continually claimed the election was “stolen” in favor of Joe Biden.

Red Apple Media President Chad Lopez shared he was excited to promote from within to fill the vacancy.

“Dominic brings a lot of energy to his programs, and he is an exceptional interviewer,” Lopez said. “Growing our own from within is always a recipe for success.”

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading

News Radio

Dan Bongino: I’m Not Rush Limbaugh and Never Will Be

“I’d rather hear Rush on the radio too. But I can’t. Because he’s not with us.”

Barrett News Media

Published

on

A photo of Dan Bongino
(Photo: Dan Bongnio)

Legendary news/talk radio host Rush Limbaugh died more than three years ago. And Dan Bongino is still reiterating that he won’t ever be able to replace the venerable host.

While responding to a listener who said he should be “ashamed” of the language he uses on his podcast and video program, noting that Rush Limbaugh never spoke that way, Bongino argued that you can’t compare him to the legendary host.

“I’m not Rush. Never will be. Neither will anyone else,” Bongino wrote. “I’d rather hear Rush on the radio too. But I can’t. Because he’s not with us. One day I won’t be either. Everyone has it coming. Me too.”

Bongino also balked at the idea that his language somehow precludes him from labeling himself a Christian.

“I don’t ‘claim’ to be a Christian, I am one,” he shared. “Doesn’t mean I’m anyone’s moral compass, and it certainly doesn’t mean I don’t battle my own demons every day. Trust me, you have no idea.”

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Advertisement Will Cain
Advertisement

Upcoming Events

BNM Writers

Copyright © 2024 Barrett Media.