BNM Summit

News Television

Newsmax Rolls Out New Lineup Ahead of Greta Van Susteren’s Debut

Beginning Tuesday, Newsmax is rolling out its new lineup for its evening programming, which also marks the debut of Van Susteren.

Eduardo Razo

A new era is coming to Newsmax beginning Tuesday as the network rolled out its new lineup for its evening programming.

The changes start at 4 pm ET when the “Chris Salcedo Show” kicks off Newsmax’s new look. “Spicer and Co.” takes over at the 5 pm ET block leading into the series debut of “The Record with Greta Van Susteren,” which makes its debut in the 6 pm ET slot.

“If you’ve watched me for 20 some odd years, it’s going to be pretty much what you’ve always seen: fair, factual, and informative; very little opinion, although I hate government waste, and if anyone starts mentioning government waste, that might push my button!” Van Susteren told TV Newser on what viewers can expect on her show.

“Opinion shows are for the evening. I’m not in the evening; I’m in the early prime. Having access to newsmakers, my job is to go out and get news and present it to the viewers, and they get to watch and make up their own minds. I’m not going to tell them how to think, and I don’t think I ever have.”

After Van Susteren’s program, “Rob Schmitt Tonight” takes the baton at 7 pm ET, then Eric Bolling jumps in at 8 pm ET, with Prime News and Greg Kelly Reports closing out the lineup at 9 pm ET and 10 pm ET, respectively.

Newsmax CEO Chris Ruddy hopes the addition of Van Susteren clears up any fallacy that his network leans hard-right. She will “help clear up any misconceptions about the network, that we are taking political positions or otherwise.”

He adds, “I think she is a standard that we like and that we have felt we have tried to attain. She is a pacesetter for other journalists about how you should cover and report the news.”

41 Comments

41 Comments

1. Dianne

June 14, 2022 at 5:55 pm

Disappointed in the new lineup to accommodate Greta!

• Kat

June 15, 2022 at 8:48 am

Do not like her and what happened to Grant Stinchfield?

• Janet Tomasko

June 15, 2022 at 11:48 am

Bad move do not like Greta.
        Miss Greg at 7, 10 too late.

• Joyce moore

June 15, 2022 at 4:53 pm

I don’t like Gretta either.I also would like them to explain what happened to Stinchfeld.

• Donna Heath

June 15, 2022 at 11:14 am

More than disappointed in changes!!!

• Drena

June 15, 2022 at 7:42 pm

I totally agree. Greta last me years ago when she went verrrry leftist.

• Drena

June 15, 2022 at 7:52 pm

Completely Agree.
      The new lineup is screwed…WHY would Newsmax bring in Greta who is an old tired lefty!

• Wendy

June 16, 2022 at 8:22 pm

Yeah, you just tanked yourselves. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. WAR ROOM and OANN damn, get with the program, demo rat party has imploded and so have you. Buh bye newsmax.

• Lisa Barbee

June 16, 2022 at 8:50 pm

Soooo disappointed in the new lineup!! Going back to Fox! Why would you put Greg Kelly on at 10?? and where is Stichfield????

• Jer Paul

June 16, 2022 at 10:46 pm

Don’t care for any of your new line up we don’t care for greta interviewing liberals on newsmax. My friends and I l
      ews because of your old line up.

• Jer Paul

June 16, 2022 at 11:10 pm

My friends & I left fox news because of liberals (15 of us). we all talked this over and will go to another news media. We don’t like greta and her swinging in interviewing of liberals. We liked Greg Kelly spicer,stenchfield and the others just where they were, your going to end up like fox, this is bad news in making these changes. We don,t care at all for greta, Pellegrino. Your starting to do like fox news which now is a lost cause except for varney & Barteroma. You should of hired Lou Dobbs instead. greta also doesn’t know how to dress like a woman and dresses like a man.we also like rob Schmidt. Terrible move of newsmax.

• Kathy L Ross

June 19, 2022 at 7:07 am

Bad choice for newsmax. Greg at 7 then stinchfield best lineup. These were your best.
      We quit watching fox so much because of some of the people they have on. Appear to be trying to lose their stand and draw in left.
      Still watch The Five because judge holds the line.

2. Melinda Zuber

June 14, 2022 at 6:54 pm

I’m in Texas so these shows are all an hour later making them an hour earlier in my time zone. It was hard enough for me to catch Chris at 4pm my time and once in a while I could catch Eric at 3pm. But now I have to wait until 9 pm to see Greg. I go to bed then. And as far as Spicer that is in the 4pm slot niw my time will be rare to catch. I am so upset and just want you to know I turned off every news station since Newsmax began. I do not care one thing about Greta which seems her appearance upset the entire apple cart.

3. Gordy Bengel

June 14, 2022 at 7:18 pm

I like Gretta but I love the Stitchfield show every night. Bad move to remove Grant. You will regret

4. Jennifer Walsh

June 15, 2022 at 9:03 am

I stopped watching fox after the election and started watching newsmax on paid tv just to watch. I love Greta,but I can’t believe you would get rid of Grant. What is so wrong being far right? Don’t turn into fox or I will only watch one American News. We are not going away.

• Mary Nycz

June 16, 2022 at 6:16 pm

Agree! I stopped watching fox. Started watching Newsmax and loved it. Love Grant. With Greta and Eric Newsmax has turned into Fox 2.
      Will watch OAN.

5. Marisha Kearn

June 15, 2022 at 9:43 am

Disappointed you moved the Greg Kelly show to 10:00 pm & Stinchfeld show to the weekend- Two of our favorites (for our tv scheduled tv time) & the two shows (flagship shows) which we feel made your network a success! We will miss these guys!

6. Dennis

June 15, 2022 at 11:40 am

Did FOX board members take over..
    Stinchfeld and Kelly are main reasons I watch your channel.. Disappointed at another CONSERVATIVE news channel growing weak at the knees…

• Rowdy

June 16, 2022 at 8:02 am

Can’t believe Newsmax moved Grant to the weekend or did they.??? Had enough of Greta when she was on Fox.

7. Karen

June 15, 2022 at 7:44 pm

I miss Stinchfield at night.

8. Drena

June 15, 2022 at 7:44 pm

I totally agree. Greta lost me years ago when she went very leftist.

9. Lo

June 15, 2022 at 8:46 pm

Greta not charismatic like Stinchfield and Kelley. Lindsey would have been a better choice than Greta. Half of the time her guests can’t hear what she is saying. Do not enjoy this new line up. How could you let Stinchfield go??!! Insane

10. Susan Vargas

June 15, 2022 at 10:14 pm

Greta is a great crime solver . Glad to see her back.

11. Sharon Ward

June 15, 2022 at 10:25 pm

Moved Greg Kelly and took off Grant Stinchfield??? What’s up with that?? Not a Greta fan. Bad move Newsmax. Going back to Fox!!!

• Adeline Luongo

June 16, 2022 at 1:33 am

I am very upset with shakeup at newsmax yes seems hiring greta character horrible don’t like her if Stinchfield is gone so am I miss old lineup Splicer,Kelly and Stinchfield, Rob Schmitt why not give Carl Higbie love him Michael Savage not this horrible Greta if u go left me and my family and friends go back to Fox cause won’t be a difference watched Hannity and Tucker tonight big mistake Ruddy ceo

12. Bob Codner

June 16, 2022 at 4:53 am

Hey Mr Ruddy, a swing and a miss! Greta couldn’t carry Stinchfields lunchbox. Instead of watching Newsmax from 5 til 9pm, I now may catch Spicer, and nothing until Greg. Great way to lose viewers just when you were growing. Why do people have to mess with things that were not broken?

13. Robert

June 16, 2022 at 5:55 am

Very disappointed. I watched Newsmax for Greg Kelly and Grant Stinchfield. Looks like I will no longer be watching Newsmax. And to hire Greta? Wow, Newsmax management has forgotten why people watched Newsmax.

14. Dave Phelps

June 16, 2022 at 6:44 am

Greg Kelly was our “go to guy” for the news. Won’t be able to watch
    him in the new slot. Hope you got Greta cheap, as no one around here will watch her. Newsmax will be like Fox News around here.
    Never watched. Always have to ruin a good thing because management knows best.

15. Cindy Vandereedt

June 16, 2022 at 1:30 pm

I have to agree with a lot of the other comments being made. Switched over to Newsmax after Fox News caved after the 2020 election. We are paying $40 extra dollars a month just to get Newsmax. Don’t care for Greta. Saledo, Kelly and Stinchfield were your best shot at giving Fox News a run for their money. If things aren’t changed back, we may be saving &40 a month. We won’t go back to Fox, we will remove Newsmax and go with One America News Network. Why would you screw up something that everyone seems to love……. Newsmax is caving to the woke mob culture……. Very disappointing. The only reason Newsmax was doing so well is because they were telling the truth. Now you are following in line with the other networks

16. Frank & Vida Dellorso

June 16, 2022 at 4:56 pm

Very disappointed that Grant Stitchfield is not in the daily lineup.
    Don’t know how long we will continue to watch Newsmax. Terrible idea to move him to weekend.
    Who is making your decisions????

17. Pat Lewis

June 16, 2022 at 7:51 pm

I agree with other’s comments. My husband and I were so glad to find a news channel that we could count on to hear real news that brought us truth. We love Stinchfield and are very very disappointed he’s not on every weeknight now. Like someone else said why change something that’s not broke!! Please reconsider bringing Grant back.

18. Lisa Barbee

June 16, 2022 at 8:52 pm

Sooo disappointed in the new lineup!!! Trust me, you will lose viewers! I’m going back to Fox!!!

19. Eloise Qualey

June 17, 2022 at 6:44 pm

I agree with the comments above. Do not care for Greta. Here deliver is very bland and doesn’t keep my attention. The former schedule fit in with my schedule much better. I hope you rearrange this once again. Bad choices for Newsmax.

• Annemarie Prince

June 19, 2022 at 8:26 am

VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED. DO NOT LIKE HER SHOW AT ALL. BIRING RIGID. NOT NEWSMAX. WHERE IS GRANT STINCHFIELD? NOW NO ONE CAN WATCH CHRIS SALSEDO IR SPUCER N CO WHO WORK. LOOKS LIKE THE GUY IN CHARGE IS POLITICAL. RATHER THAN LETTING GOOD JOURNALISTS DO THEIR JOBS U CATER TO POLITICA AND ANYONE WHO SAYS NEWSMAX IS HARD RIGHT. THEY SPEAK THE TRUTH. I WINT WATCH HER SHOW. U DEMOTED ALL UR GOID PEOPLE FOR HER. DO NOT COOL. U KNOW CNN PLAYS POLITICS…LOOK HOW THAT TURNED OUT.

20. Kathy L Ross

June 19, 2022 at 7:19 am

Many left Fox because they were compromising and went to Newsmax because they were not afraid to report the hard truth. it appears that may be slipping away as well. What a loss.

21. Tom Rooney

June 19, 2022 at 6:02 pm

It boggles my mind as to why Newsmax would take a successful formula that was working and flush it down the drain. You had a strong lineup with Salcedo,Spicer,Kelly, Stinchfield,Schmitt and Pelligrino. Why fix it if it ain’t broke. I left Fox news because of things like this. I guess I’ll be moving to OAN.

22. Martha

June 22, 2022 at 10:14 pm

Okay…. but where’s Grant Stinchfield? He’s my fave along with the fab 5 shows! I wish they put Greta either earlier or later. I loved the line up the way it was. I just feel like Greta needs to work her way up in the line up before she gets 6 pm spot to see if she fits well there. Everyone fit well I thought in their time spot before the change but maybe they’ll see what works best and change accordingly to the public’s response.

23. Beth Buckley

June 23, 2022 at 8:36 am

Why try and fix something that is not broken?
    The previous lineup was great.
    Never cared for Greta Van Susteren when she was with “FAUX” News.
    Why do we get their rejects? Ask CNN how the Chris Wallace thing worked for them.
    DISAPPOINTED in you NEWSMAX.

• Randy Showman

June 24, 2022 at 6:50 pm

Do not like Greta. Put Stinchfield back on. Also leave Carl Higbe on. Guess I’ll have to cancel my Newsmax magazine subscription and go back to Fox. Don’t understand why you would get rid of some of the best people you had.

24. Gar35

July 1, 2022 at 8:31 pm

I find myself turning off the TV or turning the channel, not impressed with changes. Kelly and Stinchfield were awesome the way it was.

25. Robert

July 7, 2022 at 6:14 pm

I discovered Newsmax as a Fox replacement back when you were still broadcasting in SD and I got to know the people in the lineup like they were family. Your new lineup is horrible. Greg Kelly was my absolute favorite. It was like sitting across the dining room table listening to him. His new 10 PM spot is way too late for me. I’ve never been a Greta fan. Changing around a working lineup to accommodate her just cost you my viewership. I’m now looking for a replacement for Newsmax.

News Television

Tucker Carlson: What’s Happening to Alex Jones ‘Scariest Possible Thing’ in America

“It’s the clearest possible sign of tyranny and I’m heartbroken that this isn’t getting more attention.”

Barrett News Media

A photo of Alex Jones and Tucker Carlson
(Photo: The Alex Jones Show)

Alex Jones is in jeopardy of losing control of Infowars, the company he founded in the late 1990s, due to his bankruptcy filings as he owes more than $1.5 billion in damages to the families of victims of the 2012 Sandy Hook mass shooting. Tucker Carlson believes Jones potentially losing his company is the latest sign of government overreach.

The former Fox News host appeared on The Alex Jones Show Thursday and shared that he’s deeply troubled by the most recent developments in the saga.

“I’m here, obviously, because we’re friends, but I’m really here on principle because there’s nothing you’ve ever said in your entire life or done in your entire life that’s scarier or more threatening to our country than what they’re doing to you right now,” Carlson said. “The government taking a broadcaster off the air –who has committed no crime — because he dares to criticize them is the scariest possible thing.

“It’s the clearest possible sign of tyranny and I’m heartbroken that this isn’t getting more attention. I think it’s a pivot point in our country, and if they can do this to you, they will do it to the rest of us.”

Carlson continued by arguing that Jones was only guilty of “doing the one thing you can’t do — attacking the people in charge.”

Jones thanked Carlson for always being in his corner and backing him, stating that when he was first “de-platformed”, the former Fox News host was one of the only prominent figures to argue that what was happening was wrong.

“This isn’t about Alex Jones, or Tucker Carlson, or Donald Trump, or Steve Bannon, it’s about they have to get through us to get to the public,” said Jones.

Tucker Carlson is slated to embark on a nationwide tour in September, bringing a live program with special guest conservative commentators to arenas around the country. Alex Jones is scheduled to join Carlson for a stop in Milwaukee on Monday, September 16th.

News Television

CNN Promotes Charlie Moore to Vice President of Primetime Programming

From May 13-19th, the network posted its lowest-rated primetime showing since 1991 according to Nielsen figures.

Barrett News Media

A photo of the CNN logo

Longtime Executive Producer of Anderson Cooper 360 — Charlie Moore — has been promoted to Vice President of Primetime Programming for CNN.

“Charlie will work with our prime executive producers to grow our primetime and support each program in showcasing our world-class journalism and delivering the best possible experience for our viewers,” CNN Executive Vice President of U.S. Programming Eric Sherling wrote in an email to employees obtained by TVNewser.

Moore will have his work cut out for him leading the primetime division. Last month, the network saw drops of 17% in total viewers and 15% in the coveted Persons 25-54 demographic during primetime hours.

During the week of May 13th, the network posted its lowest-rated primetime showing since 1991, according to Nielsen figures.

CNN’s primetime lineup currently consists of programs hosted by Erin Burnett, Anderson Cooper, Kaitlan Collins, Abby Phillip, and Laura Coates.

News Television

Book From Fox News Host Pete Hegseth Debuts as New York Times Bestseller

“A great nation needs a great military, and I hope this book plays a role in restoring the military to its core function: deterring, fighting, and winning our wars.”

Barrett News Media

A photo of Pete Hegseth and the Fox News logo
(Photo: Fox News)

A new book authored by Fox News host Pete Hegseth has debuted as a New York Times bestseller.

The War on Warriors: Behind the Betrayal of the Men Who Keep us Free debuted at the top spot in the non-fiction category on the bestselling list. Since its June 4th release, the book has sold more than 60,000 copies.

It is the fourth time an offering from Hegseth has landed on the list. It is the 11th consecutive book from Fox News Books to register on the acclaimed list.

“Publishing this book has been a moving experience from start to finish. I am honored and humbled that The War on Warriors has resonated with so many people; most especially with actively serving troops, veterans, and military families,” said Hegseth. “This book is for them, and for our country. A great nation needs a great military, and I hope this book plays a role in restoring the military to its core function: deterring, fighting, and winning our wars.”

A U.S. Army veteran, Hegseth served as an infantry Major and was deployed to Afghanistan, Iraq, and Guantanamo Bay during his time in the service. He currently serves as the host of FOX & Friends Weekend.

Advertisement Will Cain