Connect with us

Media Business

Chris Cuomo Defends Gay Community Over Monkeypox Hysteria

The former CNN host believes the craziness surrounding monkeypox is more problematic than the response to the HIV crisis in the 1980s. 

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

Monkeypox is the latest virus that has many on high alert. NewsNation anchor Chris Cuomo addressed the hysteria around disease as the gay community gets singled out as cases rise.

During the Thursday edition of his podcast, The Chris Cuomo Project the former CNN host believes the craziness surrounding monkeypox is more problematic than the response to the HIV crisis in the 1980s. 

“Gays were blamed for HIV the same way — the talk started the same way this monkeypox stuff is,” Cuomo said. “This time I actually believe it’s more egregious. One, we’ve been through it before and we should have learned, but we didn’t.”

“And two, scientifically monkeypox has nothing to do with sexual transmission. We don’t know that. It’s not designated as an STD comes from close contact. Yeah. But not necessarily sexual contact.”

Furthermore, Cuomo stated that the hysteria surrounding monkeypox and connecting it to the gay community shows that many haven’t learned from the mistakes in the 80s, and “we’re doing it again because of this temptation to otherize.”

“Why do we just jump to the conclusion it’s because of how they behave?” Cuomo concluded. 

“Maybe it’s that they’re more health conscious. Maybe it’s because those communities are getting tested more frequently. So we’re, evidencing the cases.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Media Business

Report: The Recount Intends to Suspend Operations

Despite its short history, the company pivoted its focus a few times and quickly burned through the money it raised.

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

After four years of existence, The Recount, a video news startup launched in 2018, informed staffers it plans to suspend operations next Friday, per Axios

The company has raised over $34 million since 2020 but has not found a profitable business model. Moreover, like most media outlets, its chances worsened amid the financial downturn.

Axios added to its reporting that The Recount’s leaders are still in talks with buyers, and they may try to persist with their operations if they can reach an agreement before next Friday’s deadline.

Despite its short history, the company pivoted its focus a few times and quickly burned through the money it raised. Last month, The Recount lost $10 million in 2021 on $1 million in revenue.

Many of The Recount’s staff were laid off last month, reducing its total employee count to around a dozen. Those cuts came after a round of cuts in the spring that reduced its staff roughly in half from approximately 75.

Continue Reading

Media Business

FCC Commissioner: Americans Need To Stop Using TikTok 

Brendan Carr is once again sounding the alarm about the dangers of TikTok to the American youth.

Ryan Hedrick

Published

on

Federal Communications Commissioner Brendan Carr is once again sounding the alarm about the dangers of TikTok to the American youth.

Carr appeared on “The Glenn Beck Show” Thursday to discuss why lawmakers seem to be ignoring the obvious of TikTok.

“What’s really happening when you’re using TikTok, every time you swipe or click or search, what you’re doing is feeding, improving, and training China’s artificial intelligence,” said Carr.

Carr told Beck that China has promised to dominate the world in Artificial Intelligence (AI) by 2030 for the purposes of surveillance and asserting its control.

“The idea that we are sending these clips and data back to Beijing and improving their AI and that’s going to come back and bite us in ways that are unrelated to Tik Tok itself,” said Carr.

Carr said China’s big fallback is that they don’t understand Western free thinking and that’s why there’s such an aggressive push to collect our data and analyze it to understand how our Western culture functions.  

“They need Americans to be on Tik Tok to observe their usage of data to create their AI. We do need to look broadly at how we can stop China from growing their artificial intelligence.” 

Continue Reading

Media Business

Twitter Suspends Kanye West After More Anti-Semitic Comments

“I tried my best. Despite that, he again violated our rule against incitement to violence,” Twitter owner Elon Musk tweeted.

Barrett News Media

Published

on

Twitter has removed Kanye West from its platform after the controversial figure tweeted more anti-Semitic comments.

West was officially removed after he tweeted a picture that showed a swastika inside a Star of David, and insinuated that would be the logo he used for a presidential campaign in 2024.

“I tried my best. Despite that, he again violated our rule against incitement to violence,” Twitter owner Elon Musk tweeted. “Account will be suspended.”

West also tweeted a photo of Musk shirtless on a yacht being sprayed by another billionaire with a hose.

Musk later clarified that West was being removed from the platform due to his “incitement to violence” rather than the unflattering picture.

Weeks ago, Musk said Twitter under his watch will be “freedom of speech, not freedom of reach”.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Advertisement

BNM Writers

Copyright © 2022 Barrett Media.