Connect with us

Media Business

Vice World News Launching Show on Twitch

Vice World News announced that it is launching a news channel and a news show on Twitch’s streaming platform starting on Aug. 23.

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

Vice World News is heading to the digital streaming world. The company announced that it is launching a news channel and a news show on Twitch’s streaming platform.

The news show debuts on Aug. 23 via Twitch and airs live on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. ET. 

Dexter Thomas and Samir Ferdowsi will co-host the program with Lianne Turner, VP of global video for Vice News, serving as the executive producer.

“Our audience is young, plugged-in, and doesn’t always access news in a traditional way, so it’s a natural fit for us to take our global reporting to Twitch,” Vice World News’ senior vice president of global news and global editor-in-chief Katie Drummond said. 

“We’ve had success on Twitch with other VICE brands, including Motherboard and Waypoint, and have seen the appetite for our content when it’s carried on other Twitch channels. This is yet another way that VICE is meeting our audience wherever they are.”

The Twitch show also includes a behind-the-scenes segment where hosts go into the Vice archives and talk to producers and correspondents regarding some of Vice’s most classic works.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Media Business

Report: The Recount Intends to Suspend Operations

Despite its short history, the company pivoted its focus a few times and quickly burned through the money it raised.

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

After four years of existence, The Recount, a video news startup launched in 2018, informed staffers it plans to suspend operations next Friday, per Axios

The company has raised over $34 million since 2020 but has not found a profitable business model. Moreover, like most media outlets, its chances worsened amid the financial downturn.

Axios added to its reporting that The Recount’s leaders are still in talks with buyers, and they may try to persist with their operations if they can reach an agreement before next Friday’s deadline.

Despite its short history, the company pivoted its focus a few times and quickly burned through the money it raised. Last month, The Recount lost $10 million in 2021 on $1 million in revenue.

Many of The Recount’s staff were laid off last month, reducing its total employee count to around a dozen. Those cuts came after a round of cuts in the spring that reduced its staff roughly in half from approximately 75.

Continue Reading

Media Business

FCC Commissioner: Americans Need To Stop Using TikTok 

Brendan Carr is once again sounding the alarm about the dangers of TikTok to the American youth.

Ryan Hedrick

Published

on

Federal Communications Commissioner Brendan Carr is once again sounding the alarm about the dangers of TikTok to the American youth.

Carr appeared on “The Glenn Beck Show” Thursday to discuss why lawmakers seem to be ignoring the obvious of TikTok.

“What’s really happening when you’re using TikTok, every time you swipe or click or search, what you’re doing is feeding, improving, and training China’s artificial intelligence,” said Carr.

Carr told Beck that China has promised to dominate the world in Artificial Intelligence (AI) by 2030 for the purposes of surveillance and asserting its control.

“The idea that we are sending these clips and data back to Beijing and improving their AI and that’s going to come back and bite us in ways that are unrelated to Tik Tok itself,” said Carr.

Carr said China’s big fallback is that they don’t understand Western free thinking and that’s why there’s such an aggressive push to collect our data and analyze it to understand how our Western culture functions.  

“They need Americans to be on Tik Tok to observe their usage of data to create their AI. We do need to look broadly at how we can stop China from growing their artificial intelligence.” 

Continue Reading

Media Business

Twitter Suspends Kanye West After More Anti-Semitic Comments

“I tried my best. Despite that, he again violated our rule against incitement to violence,” Twitter owner Elon Musk tweeted.

Barrett News Media

Published

on

Twitter has removed Kanye West from its platform after the controversial figure tweeted more anti-Semitic comments.

West was officially removed after he tweeted a picture that showed a swastika inside a Star of David, and insinuated that would be the logo he used for a presidential campaign in 2024.

“I tried my best. Despite that, he again violated our rule against incitement to violence,” Twitter owner Elon Musk tweeted. “Account will be suspended.”

West also tweeted a photo of Musk shirtless on a yacht being sprayed by another billionaire with a hose.

Musk later clarified that West was being removed from the platform due to his “incitement to violence” rather than the unflattering picture.

Weeks ago, Musk said Twitter under his watch will be “freedom of speech, not freedom of reach”.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Advertisement

BNM Writers

Copyright © 2022 Barrett Media.