Chris Stigall Inks Extension With AM 990 The Answer
He continued by saying he is “so grateful, and blessed, and humbled to be able to continue to do this and call this my job and talk to you every day.
AM 990 The Answer morning host Chris Stigall has signed a multi-year extension with the Salem Media Group-owned station.
“I will be staying put with Philadelphia’s AM 990 The Answer, every morning in Philadelphia, for the next three years,” Stigall said on his podcast.
He continued by saying he is “so grateful, and blessed, and humbled to be able to continue to do this and call this my job and talk to you every day. It is never lost on my what a privilege it is that God has blessed me with the ability to do this for a job.”
Stigall also announced a one-year extension for his show on KCMO in Kansas City to continue.
“Since the day Chris began with Philadelphia’s AM 990 The Answer, he has engaged Philadelphians in intelligent and relevant conversation that has served to entertain and stimulate much thought in the minds of our audience,” Salem Philadelphia General Manager Lorenzo Caldara said. “He has secured such an attentive audience that can’t wait to listen and call in to him everyday Monday through Friday.”
1110 KFAB Adds Emery Songer as Afternoon Host
“My wife and I can’t wait to be a part of the Omaha community and meet all the amazing people that make this city move.”
1110 KFAB has added Emery Songer as the station’s new afternoon host.
Songer has previously worked as the morning show producer at 1040 WHO in Des Moines since 2018. Both stations are owned by iHeartMedia.
“I’m incredibly excited for this opportunity to be a part of Omaha and the KFAB team,” said Songer. “My wife and I can’t wait to be a part of the Omaha community and meet all the amazing people that make this city move.”
He will begin on Monday, June 26th. The afternoon show will be heard from 2:00-6:00 PM.
“Emery will continue KFAB’s nearly 100-year-old tradition of on-air personalities who are passionate about connecting with the community we serve,” said 1110 KFAB Program Director Scott Voorhees. “It’s not about hammering an agenda; it’s about entertaining and relevant conversations of interest to Omaha/Council Bluffs and the surrounding area.”
Joe Pags: Viewers Would Give CNN Another Try if John Catsimatidis Bought It
“People are willing to come back. People are willing to see what you would do.”
77 WABC owner John Catsimatidis has publicly shared he’d be interested in purchasing CNN, and would only command a $1 yearly salary to have the opportunity to operate the station. Joe Pags believes it could be exactly what the network needs.
During a conversation with Catsimatidis Thursday evening, Pags shared that his listeners had simply written off CNN.
“Early on in the program, I mentioned that you were making an offer for CNN. I opened up my phone lines, and they melted down,” said Pags. “I asked my listeners: Would you give CNN another chance? Now, John, my listeners don’t wanna give CNN another chance.
“But when I asked them that question and I told them who you were and the offer that you were making, they — to a person — said ‘Yeah, I’ll give them another try’. So people are willing to come back. People are willing to see what you would do.”
Pags then asked if there was a realistic possibility that Catsimatidis could purchase the network from Warner Bros. Discovery.
“I think it’s real. I think it could happen, but we need some common sense to preside,” Catsimatidis said.
Megyn Kelly: Fox Wants to ‘Keep Tucker Carlson Muzzled’ Through 2025
“He was not fired, he was just booted off the show. They continue to pay him because they want to keep him muzzled through at least 2025.”
On Thursday’s episode of The Megyn Kelly Show, Megyn Kelly spoke with Chadwick Moore, author of the forthcoming book Tucker, to talk about Tucker Carlson’s first Tucker on Twitter episode and the news surrounding Fox’s reputation as a network post-Tucker.
Megyn Kelly started the show with a clip from the first episode of Tucker on Twitter, then followed up with the response he received from Fox lawyers.
“He reportedly got a letter from Fox News saying you breached your contract. You are required to stay exclusive to us because remember, as I first reported, he was not fired, he was just booted off the show. They continue to pay him because they want to keep him muzzled through at least 2025.
“Fox’s lawyer said something about him rendering services? Well, I don’t know if he’s actually rendering services if it’s not getting paid. What I was told initially is that Twitter is not mentioned in his noncompete, and that is why I suppose that Fox News employees are allowed to use Twitter to express their opinions on issues of the day and that would be apparently what Tucker did in this.”
“He’s not making money, he’s not an employee of Elon Musk or partnering with Elon Musk in any way and Fox people have said that they’re committed to keeping him off the air until 2025, until after the election is over and his contract runs out in early 2025,” said Moore.
“I’m gonna get into the ratings but they’re absolutely abysmal in his time slot throughout the prime time,” Kelly argued. “I don’t know if we’re calling there’s a boycott or just people are done, it’s not like a temporary thing.”
She then looked to her notes for the yearly comparison, “Year over year Fox lost 62%.“
Maddy Troy serves as a writer and editor for Barrett News Media, with a specific focus on media business, advertising, and podcasting. You can find her on Twitter @Troy_Maddy.