Connect with us

News Video

Non-Profit Aiding Broadcast Professionals Affected by Hurricane Ian

The Broadcasters Foundation of America said it will provide qualified individuals monetary relief if they were affected by Hurricane Ian.

Ryan Hedrick

Published

on

A non-profit organization dedicated to helping broadcast professionals who have fallen on hard times is stepping up to help those personally impacted by Hurricane Ian. 

In a news release, The Broadcasters Foundation of America said it will provide qualified individuals monetary relief if they were affected by Hurricane Ian. The organization said requests have come in from Spanish Broadcasting System, America CV Station Group, Telemundo, and Univision. 

“Our Emergency Grant Program is set up with a streamlined vetting process that allows us to move quickly and get checks to those in desperate need quickly,” explained Tim McCarthy, President of the Broadcasters Foundation of America.

Last week, Hurricane Ian made landfall as a category four storm with sustained winds of 150 mph. The hurricane came ashore as one of the strongest storms ever to strike Florida. 

“Broken pipes, power outages, displacement, and more have brought devastation to many of our colleagues,” McCarthy said. “We’re asking every broadcaster in affected areas to help us get the word out to those who may qualify for assistance.” 

One-time emergency grants are awarded to qualifying broadcast colleagues recovering from a natural disaster, such as hurricanes, tornados, fires, floods, or other serious misfortune.

Personal donations can be made to the Foundation’s Guardian Fund. Corporate contributions are accepted through the Angel Initiative, and bequests can be made through the Foundation’s Legacy Society. For more information, please visit www.broadcastersfoundation.org, call 212-373-8250, or email info@thebfoa.org.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News Video

Guy Benson Announces New Contract With Fox News

Fox News viewers will be seeing a lot of contributor Guy Benson for the foreseeable future as he signed a new contract with the news outlet.

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

Fox News viewers will be seeing a lot of contributor Guy Benson for the foreseeable future. On Twitter, Benson announced that he had signed a new contract with the news outlet to stay on the air.

Benson’s new contract will allow for him to work at Fox News for his 10th year entering 2023.

“Thrilled to announce that I’ve signed a new multi-year contract with @FoxNews, which will keep me at the network through the next election & beyond,” Benson said on Twitter. “I can’t believe 2023 will be my 10th year (!) on-air at Fox. Time flies when you’re having fun & working with great colleagues…

“I’m very grateful to everyone who helped make this deal happen — at Fox & @unitedtalent— and especially to our fantastic, loyal, passionate audience. Thank you for making us and keeping us, #1. Now, back to work.”

The news media isn’t seeing many sign extensions as most of the news coming out of the industry is the opposite as companies are going through with job cuts, like CNN, who has laid off many workers since Warner Bros. Discovery took over. Additionally, other news outlets could be looking to cut their staff as SiriusXM and others face this reality.

Continue Reading

News Video

Tucker Carlson to Host Docuseries About Biden Family on FOX Nation 

Carlson is hosting a new docuseries called “Biden Inc.” which debuts as a “Tucker Carlson Original” Wednesday on FOX Nation

Ryan Hedrick

Published

on

Fox News host Tucker Carlson is hosting a new docuseries called “Biden Inc.” which debuts as a “Tucker Carlson Original” Wednesday on FOX Nation. The series will examine, in detail, the Hunter Biden controversy. 

On Tuesday, Carlson joined “The Five” to discuss the new series.  He told co-host Greg Gutfeld, that he knows Hunter Biden well. 

“I always liked him; he was my neighbor and friend and had dinner with him a bunch,” said Carlson. “In the background, I knew, and I knew people that worked with him, that he was effectively selling access to his dad.” 

Carlson told the panel that he never thought about the consequences of Hunter Biden selling access to his father, then-Vice President Joe Biden, because that’s what lobbyists in Washington, D.C. did.  

“I never really thought, wow, this is kind of a crime,” Carlson said. “I remember somebody who worked with him saying to me that Hunter was getting really, really close to doing something that you should not be doing because it’s criminal.” 

Carlson said the revelations about Hunter Biden’s laptop make this series essential viewing for anyone that wants to understand the story and its complexity. 

“The reason that we made this documentary was not to inform everybody that he was doing something wrong; it was to take a long form piece and explain it and show on the screen exactly how we know this,” he added. 

“Biden Inc.” debuts Wednesday on FOX Nation. To learn more about the streaming channel, click this link.

Continue Reading

News Video

CNN Calls Report Chris Licht Hired Extra Security After Layoffs ‘Completely Fabricated’

“Licht was mindful of how raw emotions were, and that a Jerry Maguire moment, or something worse, was not out of the question,” the report stated.

Barrett News Media

Published

on

Last week, CNN announced major cuts to its staff amid a reshuffling of the network under new CEO Chris Licht. Puck reported Licht hired extra security for his office following the layoffs, but CNN has pushed back on that reporting.

Puck claimed there is always security and guards at the offices of the news network, but “a heightened security presence” was present the day the layoffs were announced.

“Licht was mindful of how raw emotions were, and that a Jerry Maguire moment, or something worse, was not out of the question,” the report stated.

The Daily Mail went further in its reporting, saying “CNN CEO Chris Licht reportedly was forced to hire extra security to wait outside a conference room where he was working after gutting hundreds of the network’s staff in a recent round of layoffs.”

According to a statement given to Mediaite, CNN called the allegation “completely fabricated”.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Advertisement

BNM Writers

Copyright © 2022 Barrett Media.