Connect with us

News Video

Steve Malzberg: Candace Owens Makes Remarks an Antisemite Says

Political pundit Steve Malzberg took exception to Candace Owens’ defense of Kayne West and his alleged antisemitic remarks on social media.

Ryan Hedrick

Published

on

Political pundit Steve Malzberg took exception to Candace Owens’ defense of Kayne West and his alleged antisemitic tweet claiming that Owens made arguments that only an antisemite would make. 

“The Steve Malzberg Show” host offered a stinging rebuke after Owens defended Ye’s social media posts which subsequently got him kicked off Twitter and Instagram.  

“You did not think that he wrote this tweet because he hates or wants to genocide Jewish people. This is not the beginning of a Holocaust,” Owens said on her podcast Monday. 

“I’m not saying Owens is an antisemite, I am saying that she is making comments that an antisemite themselves might make,” Malzberg said. “It was awful, awful in her attempt to defend her new friend. They were in that picture together so I guess she figured she might as well stick up for him.” 

Owens works at the Daily Wire which is a political site run by Jewish political commentator Ben Shapiro.  

Malzberg said he was shocked by Owens’ defense and said her words risked the perception that she would come off as a defender of someone or something perceived as antisemitic. 

“I don’t know a whole lot about her other than what I’ve seen and heard from her, very disappointed, very troubling,” he added. 

Malzberg, a Jewish broadcaster now hosts a new show which can be heard at stevemtalk.com.

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

News Video

Ron DeSantis Still Prefers Cable News Over Social Media

“I was just in a room in Florida, so I didn’t really know necessarily what was going on.”

Ryan Hedrick

Published

on

Ron DeSantis, the potential Republican presidential candidate for 2024, expressed to Newsmax host Eric Bolling that he doesn’t prioritize social media and prefers watching cable news over using apps.

According to Mediate, this statement comes after his unsuccessful campaign launch on Twitter earlier this week. On Newsmax’s The Balance on Thursday, DeSantis mentioned that Twitter had high expectations of attracting a large audience for the event.

When asked by Bolling whether he had received any communication from Rupert Murdoch, the executive chairman of News Corp, or Murdoch’s sons regarding his choice to launch his campaign on Twitter instead of Fox News, DeSantis responded by saying, “No, we didn’t. But I understand. Different people have different perspectives on these matters.”

DeSantis further admitted, “Personally, I’m not particularly active on social media. I prefer watching programs like yours rather than using apps. However, I acknowledge that social media holds great importance for many individuals.”

Explaining his decision to launch the campaign on Twitter, DeSantis highlighted the platform’s role in promoting free speech and how it had become an outlet for conservatives to voice their opinions and challenge established media platforms, particularly following Elon Musk’s involvement. DeSantis viewed this as a significant factor in his choice.

“They were anticipating a lot of people, but there were more people that tried to sign up than even what Twitter had anticipated,” he claimed. “I was just in a room in Florida, so I didn’t really know necessarily what was going on.”

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading

News Video

Chadwick Moore Says He’s Been Banned By Fox News

“I’ve been canceled by liberal corporate media, and now I’m canceled by corporate conservative media.”

Ryan Hedrick

Published

on

Chadwick Moore, a contributing editor at The Spectator and the writer of an upcoming biography about Tucker Carlson, asserted in a series of tweets on Sunday evening that he had experienced a form of professional exclusion known as “cancellation” by Fox News.

The situation unfolded when Moore mentioned that he could no longer appear on FNC for writing a book about Tucker Carlson.

“I’ve been banned from the network,” he added before reporting that Fox News employees had told him “privately that all on-air talent have been banned from saying the name ‘Tucker’ on air,” he said.

Recently, Moore stated that he could verify allegations claiming that Fox News terminated Carlson’s employment last month as a confidential provision of their $787.5 billion settlement with Dominion Voting Systems. This settlement arose from accusations of disseminating false information about Dominion Voting Systems on several Fox programs, including “Tucker Carlson Tonight.”

“This is FACT: Fox News has a new policy (aside from banning me): they won’t plug any book from a guest unless HarperCollins published it,” said Moore. “You can’t be a guest on Fox unless you’re a Fox author…it’s all so hilarious and grotesque. Fox News will not let you promote your book unless Fox News publishes your book.”

“I’ve been canceled by liberal corporate media, and now I’m canceled by corporate conservative media. I think I’ll be fine. I couldn’t care less,” he added.

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading

News Video

Tucker Carlson Leaks Traced Back to Former Deadspin Editor

Burke, who is the husband of Tampa City Council member Lynn Hurtak, saw his home raided by FBI agents earlier this month.

Barrett News Media

Published

on

The FBI has traced leaked videos of former Fox News host Tucker Carlson back to former Deadspin video editor Timothy Burke.

Burke, who is the husband of Tampa City Council member Lynn Hurtak, saw his home raided by FBI agents earlier this month.

A report from the Tampa Bay Times claims a letter was sent to Fox News by the FBI asking the network to preserve information and records related to the investigation for 90 days. The investigation at Fox News “concerns allegations of unauthorized computer access, interception of wire, oral, or electronic communication, conspiracy, and other federal crimes”.

The reportedly hacked material includes the subsequent leaking of unaired portions of Carlson’s interview with Kanye West, which included anti-Semitic remarks, and also the “FOXLEAKS” series from Media Matters that showed Carlson complaining about his relationship with Fox News, among other things.

Many pundits, notably Megyn Kelly and Charlie Kirk, have argued that Fox News was behind the Media Matters leaks. The letter from the FBI to Fox News says both Media Matters and Vice News — who published the West interview clips — have not been accused of any wrongdoing.

Burke has been a prominent online video figure. He produced a video that has gone viral several different times showcasing local news anchors at all Sinclair-owned stations reading the same script about trust in journalism. He also co-authored the 2012 Deadspin report that showed revealed Notre Dame linebacker Manti Teo’s reported relationship and death of his girlfriend was a catfishing hoax.

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Advertisement

BNM Writers

Copyright © 2023 Barrett Media.