Connect with us

News Video

Tucker Carlson: Social Media Ban Is Attack On Democracy

Carlson is sounding the alarm on existing social media bans to people like former President Donald Trump calling such bans “attacks on democracy.”

Ryan Hedrick

Published

on

Fox News host Tucker Carlson is sounding the alarm on existing social media bans to people like former President Donald Trump calling such bans “attacks on democracy.” 

Big Tech moved to ban Trump from all social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube following the Jan 6th riots at the U.S. Capitol. 

Carlson told his audience Wednesday that it really doesn’t matter what you think of Trump or his policies on fentanyl or anything else. 

“If you’re an American, you have to acknowledge that in order for our democracy to function, candidates for office — political candidates — have to be allowed to speak in public,” Carlson said in a transcript published on Breitbart

Carlson stated that if political candidates can’t speak in public then this can’t be a democracy. 

“He is still banned despite Elon Musk’s takeover,” Carlson said. “Trump is still banned from Twitter tonight, one of our premier social media platforms. Parler, you’ll remember, was pulled off the internet for giving Donald Trump an account.”

“So, you have to wonder now, where are the defenders of democracy? People were yelling last week about democracy is dying. If there are not calling for Trump to be re-platformed, you will know for certain they’re not defenders of democracy. They’re totalitarians,” he added. 

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News Video

Oliver Darcy: Kanye West Latest Example in Rise of Hate Speech on Twitter

CNN media reporter Oliver Darcy appeared on the network to state that West’s remarks are the latest on Twitter, which has seen a rise in hate speech on the media outlet.

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

After Twitter brought back hip-hop star Ye, formerly known as Kanye West, it didn’t take long for the social platform to suspend his account again after an anti-Semitic rant on Thursday. 

“I tried my best. Despite that, he again violated our rule against incitement to violence,” Twitter owner Elon Musk tweeted, announcing the suspension. “Account will be suspended.”

CNN media reporter Oliver Darcy appeared on the network to state that West’s remarks are the latest on Twitter, which has seen a rise in hate speech on the media outlet.

“It’s also something these rants from him come as we’re seeing a sharp rise in hate speech on Twitter, and the ADL has said it’s a troubling trend that really mimics the broader growth in antisemitism across the country,” Darcy said.

Darcy also stated that the Republican Party and conservative media has a hand in West’s spiral for trying to clean him up and prop him to the base.

“It’s also a stunning indictment for the Republican Party,” Darcy added. “You remember that last week he dined with former President Donald Trump and people like Tucker Carlson, who cleaned up his antisemitic remarks earlier, when he did an interview with him, they vouched for him in the Republican Party. They hyped him up to the conservative base.”

Continue Reading

News Video

Current, Former CNN Staffers React to Network’s Recent Layoffs

CNN made its latest round of cuts to end 2022 as several staffers were let go as part of a broader Warner Bros. Discovery action to trim costs.

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

CNN made its latest round of cuts to end 2022 as several staffers were let go as part of a broader Warner Bros. Discovery action to trim costs.

The layoffs affected hundreds of employees but amounted to a “single-digit percentage” of staff, per CNBC. Nonetheless, the company employees laid off share their thoughts on social media.

Here’s what some said after CNN went through with its layoffs, leading to many knowing they are without a job and others knowing their colleagues are no longer working there:

Continue Reading

News Video

Alex Jones Files For Bankruptcy

Jones has laughed at the dollar amount awarded to the families. He has claimed he has less than $2 million in assets.

Barrett News Media

Published

on

InfoWars founder and host Alex Jones has filed for personal bankruptcy.

Jones has been ordered to pay nearly $1.5 billion to the families of victims from the 2012 Sandy Hook massacre after he repeatedly claimed the event was a hoax.

Court records indicated Jones filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in Houston. The filing indicates he has $1 billion to $10 billion in liabilities.

Jones has laughed at the dollar amount awarded to the families. He has claimed he has less than $2 million in assets and will never be able to pay the awarded total. During the trial that resulted in him being ordered to pay damages, Jones was accused of concealing millions of dollars in assets to avoid having to pay.

“Since the Sandy Hook Families filed their lawsuits, the Debtor has systematically transferred millions of dollars to Alex Jones and his relatives and insider entities,” a filing from the victims claimed.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Advertisement

BNM Writers

Copyright © 2022 Barrett Media.