Connect with us
BNM Summit

News Television

Jesse Watters Defends Howard Stern From Criticism After ‘Woke’ Comments

“He’s not doing the same types of things, but he’s changed his way 30 years older, but he’s still pretty edgy.”

Barrett News Media

Published

on

Fox News host Jesse Watters
(Photo: John Lamparski / Getty Images)

Earlier this week, SiriusXM host Howard Stern claimed it was a compliment to be called woke. While Fox News host Jesse Watters disagrees, he did defend Stern from the criticism.

During The Five, Watters argued that he’s been a longtime listener of Stern’s, adding that despite accusations to the contrary, Stern is still not politically correct.

“I listened to his show since the 90s. I like him. I think he’s a funny guy,” said Watters. “(Stern) doesn’t understand what woke is. He’s not woke when it comes to political correctness, when it comes to gender, when it comes to race, when it comes to feminism. He’s not woke when it comes to any of that stuff.”

He added that not being politically correct has led to Stern’s continued success.

“He says ridiculous things that if this was said on this channel or on any other cable channel, he would absolutely get in huge trouble,” continued Watters. “But since he’s on satellite and he’s been very successful on satellite, he can say whatever he wants. He’s not doing the same types of things, but he’s changed his way 30 years older, but he’s still pretty edgy.”

After being accused of being a suck-up to Stern, Watters admitted that he would not be a good guest on the show.

“I would never go on that show. It’s too dangerous,” joked Jesse Watters. “Me on that show? Are you kidding me?”

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

News Television

MSNBC Contributor Howard Fineman Dies

He died Tuesday evening after battling the ailment for more than two years.

Barrett News Media

Published

on

A photo of the MSNBC logo and Howard Fineman
(Photo: Howard Fineman)

Longtime Newsweek reporter and NBC News/MSNBC contributor Howard Fineman has died after a battle with pancreatic cancer.

In a post to social media, Fineman’s wife, Amy, shared that he died Tuesday evening after battling the ailment for more than two years.

“He couldn’t have been adored more. The world was a better place because he lived in it and wrote about it,” his spouse wrote.

Fineman worked for Newsweek for 30 years, leading the outlet’s coverage of the American political scene. After departing the organization, he became the global editorial director for AOL Huffington Post Media Group. His work also appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, and RealClearPolitics, among others.

During his work as a political analyst for NBC News since 2017, he appeared heavily on MSNBC on programs like Hardball with Chris Mattews, The Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell, and The Rachel Maddow Show.

Howard Fineman was 75 years old.

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading

News Television

Brian Stelter: News CEOs Worried About Future Under Potential Trump Second Term

“We use the words that Trump and his allies have said, and we use them to talk about the future.”

Barrett News Media

Published

on

A photo of former Reliable Sources host Brian Stelter
Courtesy: CNN

As the 2024 presidential election nears, words spoken by each side of the political aisle become hyper-scrutinized. Former CNN host Brian Stelter believes themes from the Trump campaign have leaders of news organizations concerned for the future.

While appearing with Abby Phillip on his former cable news home Tuesday, Stelter stated that he had spoken with news leaders and shared that some have privately expressed concern about what a second Trump term could mean for the business.

“I’ve talked to the heads of news organizations, CEOs, and media companies that are thinking this through, not in dramatic fashion, not because they’re afraid of going to jail, but because they want to know what could Trump do to use his power in the second term to punish the media,” Stelter said.

The comments from Brian Stelter come after MSNBC host Rachel Maddow shared that she was “worried” about not only her future but the future of the nation, should Trump be elected.

“I’m worried about the country broadly if we put someone in power who is openly avowing that he plans to build camps to hold millions of people, and to ‘root out’ what he’s described in subhuman terms as his ‘enemy from within.’ Again, history is helpful here,” the MSNBC host said. “He’s not joking when he says this stuff, and we’ve seen what happens when people take power proclaiming that kind of agenda.”

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading

News Television

George Stephanopoulos: ‘I’m Not Going to Participate in Some Kind of Sham’ During Presidential Debates

“I’ve made it a point — if they will not accept those facts, I don’t go on to other issues.”

Barrett News Media

Published

on

A photo of George Stephanopoulos
(Photo: ABC News)

CNN and ABC News are the two homes for 2024 presidential debates, thus far. And while he won’t be moderating, George Stephanopoulos has shared the one question he’d ask the candidates, namely former President Donald Trump.

While discussing the debates on CNN with primetime host Abby Phillip, the ABC News anchor says the questions asked of Trump will be a litmus test for the state of American journalism.

“I’ve made it a point — if they will not accept those facts, I don’t go on to other issues. I’m not going to participate in some kind of a sham where you somehow equate the legitimacy of an election or the peaceful transfer of power with a debate over tax cuts or environmental regulation,” said Stephanopoulos.

“If you can’t pass that fundamental threshold of saying, ‘Yes, the last election was not stolen. Two, I will abide by the results of the next election,’ then I think that’s all voters and viewers need to know. If you’re willing to lie about something as big as that, why should anything else they want to talk about be given any credence?”

Phillip then asked what Stephanopoulos thought the most important question to ask was.

“’Who won the last election?’ Very simple,” he replied. “‘Who won the last election?’ Let’s discuss and debate.”

Neither Abby Phillip nor George Stephanopoulos were tabbed by their respective outlets as debate moderators. Jake Tapper and Dana Bash will moderate CNN’s debate. David Muir and Linsey Davis will present questions to President Biden and former President Trump in the September event for ABC News.

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Advertisement Will Cain
Advertisement

Upcoming Events

BNM Writers

Copyright © 2024 Barrett Media.