Connect with us

News Audio

Jeff Wade Promoted to Director of Programming for WBAL, Scott Masteller Reduces Role

“I’m excited to get to work and continue to make WBAL Newsradio Batlimore’s go-to destination for insightful information and smart, thoughtful commentary.”

Barrett News Media

Published

on

WBAL News Director Jeff Wade has been promoted to Director of Programming. He takes the reigns from Scott Masteller, who is stepping into a part-time role with the station’s sports efforts. WBAL currently holds the rights for the Baltimore Orioles, Baltimore Ravens, and Navy football.

“It’s the honor of a lifetime to be given the opportunity to lead this outstanding team of broadcasters and build on the foundation Scott has laid,” Wade said. “I’m excited to get to work and continue to make WBAL Newsradio Batlimore’s go-to destination for insightful information and smart, thoughtful commentary.”

Wade joined WBAL in 2017 after a career focused mostly in the northeast, with stops at stations in New Hampshire and Portland, Maine.

“With Scott transitioning to the next phase of his career at WBAL Newsradio and Jeff having already tackled a similar opportunity earlier in his career, I am wildly confident that our listeners will continue to enjoy the best in local news, talk and sports on WBAL Newsradio,” Hearst President and General Manager Dan Joerres said.

Wade will continue to serve as the station’s News Director in addition to his new role as Director of Programming.

Scott Masteller had led WBAL Radio since February 2015. Prior to arriving in Baltimore, he served as a programming executive for ESPN Radio. He also previously programmed stations in Dallas and Portland. Masteller had planned to lighten his schedule for quite some time. In addition to working with the station’s play-by-play properties, Scott will also be involved doing talent coaching.

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

News Audio

1110 KFAB Adds Emery Songer as Afternoon Host

“My wife and I can’t wait to be a part of the Omaha community and meet all the amazing people that make this city move.”

Barrett News Media

Published

on

1110 KFAB has added Emery Songer as the station’s new afternoon host.

Songer has previously worked as the morning show producer at 1040 WHO in Des Moines since 2018. Both stations are owned by iHeartMedia.

“I’m incredibly excited for this opportunity to be a part of Omaha and the KFAB team,” said Songer. “My wife and I can’t wait to be a part of the Omaha community and meet all the amazing people that make this city move.”

He will begin on Monday, June 26th. The afternoon show will be heard from 2:00-6:00 PM.

“Emery will continue KFAB’s nearly 100-year-old tradition of on-air personalities who are passionate about connecting with the community we serve,” said 1110 KFAB Program Director Scott Voorhees. “It’s not about hammering an agenda; it’s about entertaining and relevant conversations of interest to Omaha/Council Bluffs and the surrounding area.”

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading

News Audio

Joe Pags: Viewers Would Give CNN Another Try if John Catsimatidis Bought It

“People are willing to come back. People are willing to see what you would do.”

Barrett News Media

Published

on

77 WABC owner John Catsimatidis has publicly shared he’d be interested in purchasing CNN, and would only command a $1 yearly salary to have the opportunity to operate the station. Joe Pags believes it could be exactly what the network needs.

During a conversation with Catsimatidis Thursday evening, Pags shared that his listeners had simply written off CNN.

“Early on in the program, I mentioned that you were making an offer for CNN. I opened up my phone lines, and they melted down,” said Pags. “I asked my listeners: Would you give CNN another chance? Now, John, my listeners don’t wanna give CNN another chance.

“But when I asked them that question and I told them who you were and the offer that you were making, they — to a person — said ‘Yeah, I’ll give them another try’. So people are willing to come back. People are willing to see what you would do.”

Pags then asked if there was a realistic possibility that Catsimatidis could purchase the network from Warner Bros. Discovery.

“I think it’s real. I think it could happen, but we need some common sense to preside,” Catsimatidis said.

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading

News Audio

Megyn Kelly: Fox Wants to ‘Keep Tucker Carlson Muzzled’ Through 2025

“He was not fired, he was just booted off the show. They continue to pay him because they want to keep him muzzled through at least 2025.”

Maddy Troy

Published

on

(Photo: SiriusXM)

On Thursday’s episode of The Megyn Kelly Show, Megyn Kelly spoke with Chadwick Moore, author of the forthcoming book Tucker, to talk about Tucker Carlson’s first Tucker on Twitter episode and the news surrounding Fox’s reputation as a network post-Tucker.

Megyn Kelly started the show with a clip from the first episode of Tucker on Twitter, then followed up with the response he received from Fox lawyers.

“He reportedly got a letter from Fox News saying you breached your contract. You are required to stay exclusive to us because remember, as I first reported, he was not fired, he was just booted off the show. They continue to pay him because they want to keep him muzzled through at least 2025.

“Fox’s lawyer said something about him rendering services? Well, I don’t know if he’s actually rendering services if it’s not getting paid. What I was told initially is that Twitter is not mentioned in his noncompete, and that is why I suppose that Fox News employees are allowed to use Twitter to express their opinions on issues of the day and that would be apparently what Tucker did in this.”

“He’s not making money, he’s not an employee of Elon Musk or partnering with Elon Musk in any way and Fox people have said that they’re committed to keeping him off the air until 2025, until after the election is over and his contract runs out in early 2025,” said Moore. 

“I’m gonna get into the ratings but they’re absolutely abysmal in his time slot throughout the prime time,” Kelly argued. “I don’t know if we’re calling there’s a boycott or just people are done, it’s not like a temporary thing.” 

She then looked to her notes for the yearly comparison, “Year over year Fox lost 62%.“

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Advertisement

BNM Writers

Copyright © 2023 Barrett Media.