Explosive allegations against former New York Mayor and current 77 WABC host Rudy Giuliani were uncovered in a lawsuit earlier this week. He has subsequently denied the allegations on his radio show.
After interviewing James Bovard of The New York Post, he turned his attention to the newspaper’s recent reporting surrounding the allegations against him.
“They’re doing a hit job on me,” Giuliani said during his 77 WABC show Tuesday. “They reported a story that a woman sued me for all kinds of horrible things that I didn’t do. They fail to point out, and there’s so much to point out about her because it will come out eventually, but the dishonest New York Post didn’t call it to your attention.”
Noelle Dunphy alleges that Giuliani raped and sexually abused her during her tenure working for him. She also claims the 77 WABC host owes her more than $2 million in back pay. Additionally, she claims Giuliani required her to work naked and strip during video calls. She also shared that he made racist, sexist, and anti-Semitic remarks throughout her time in his office.
In an October 2016 story, The New York Post reportedly claimed Dunphy — who they chose not to name at the time — had a history of launching frivolous lawsuits against high-earning men.
Dunphy also claimed that Giuliani was offering Presidential pardons at the end of former President Donald Trump’s term. She alleges Giuliani was “selling” the pardons for $2 million, with he and Trump splitting the fee.
Giuliani — who served as Trump’s personal attorney — has denied those claims.
“I am a punching bag for these folks,” Giuliani said. “The New York Post won’t report what I’m telling you. MSNBC is talking about this. This is her third or fourth accusation of rape against me. What I’m telling you is 100% true. This is a woman who does this for a living. She sues men to get money for a living!”
Daily Wire Co-CEO on Ben Shapiro, Candace Owens Spat: We Won’t Always Agree
“We employ people [and] give them a platform to give their opinion.”
The Daily Wire co-founder Ben Shapiro and one of the platform’s big names, Candace Owens, were recently in a public feud.
It all began when Shapiro called Owens’ stance on the state of Israel “disgraceful” and “disreputable,” adding that she was attempting a “faux-sophistication” on the subject.
Co-CEO Jeremy Boreing, who wasn’t in the United States during the entire situation, appeared on The Megyn Kelly Show and was asked about the dispute.
“Yeah, I’ve been handling it by making a movie in Hungary for the last six months, which has been a great way for me personally to handle it,” Boreing jokingly said before taking a more serious tone. “We employ people [and] give them a platform to give their opinion. We’re not always going to agree with the opinions that they give.
“We empower them to be passionate with those opinions, and sometimes those passions are going to get turned in the wrong direction. And I think that in this particular case, you have two very articulate and passionate people in, Ben and Candace, whose conflict of visions on this issue spilled out into the public square, which is going to happen from time to time.
“I wish it hadn’t happened the way that it did, but it’s going to happen from time to time. And I think it just is sort of the territory when you decide to start a media company and give people broad freedom.”
WFNC Morning Host Jeff ‘Goldy’ Goldberg Retires
Jeff “Goldy” Goldberg has been a staple in the Fayetteville, NC market. However, after 18 years of hosting mornings at WFNC, Goldberg is calling it a career.
Goldberg signed off from Good Morning Fayetteville Friday morning.
“Since I announced my retirement a few weeks ago, the outpouring of love and the good wishes from not only my listeners here in Fayetteville, but my listeners in Washington D.C., has been overwhelming,” Goldberg told Fayetteville’s City View. “It has been a privilege and a joy to live out my dream for these last 45 years, and to have a second chapter like the one I’ve had here in Fayetteville exceeded my wildest dreams.”
Goldberg worked in both television and radio in Washington, D.C. before moving to the Cumulus-owned station in 2005.
“I am 80% excited and 20% nervous,” he surmised about his retirement.
Buck Sexton: Media Needs to Facilitate More Debates Like DeSantis/Newsom
“That is my fundamental premise in American politics, in American media. We have gotten to a place now where no one has to defend their positions anymore.”
Fox News hosted a debate between Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) and Gov. Gavin Newsom (D-CA) Thursday evening. The event was moderated by Sean Hannity. If Buck Sexton got his way, the made-for-TV event would be a regular occurrence.
While previewing the event on The Clay Travis and Buck Sexton Show, Sexton argued that he wants to see more debates and discussions with differing viewpoints more frequently on cable news.
“I want to see more high-level debate. That is my fundamental premise in American politics, in American media. We have gotten to a place now where no one has to defend their positions anymore,” Sexton said. “No one is really pushed and feels like people can say, ‘Oh, well, how do we change this?’ Well, you need to have people that feel that there’s a pressure from the public for them to have to actually stand up and do it.”
He continued by noting a seemingly bygone era of cable television that featured constant discussions and presentations of both sides of political topics.
“I’ve said this before: When I first got into media, I came from an era of watching things like Crossfire, Firing Line, and these different shows, and that’s gone now. You used to have a lot more — honestly used to have a lot more debate on Fox (News). High-level people from the Democrat side would go on Fox, and those were the clips that would go viral. I feel like no one debates anymore. I’m not saying this is going to change all that, but there may be follow-up to it. There may be. So, for me, this is what needs to start.”