Connect with us

News Video

Newsmax Executive Accused of Sexual Harassment By Multiple Employees

While speaking on the record, one employee claimed she had been harassed by Knowles. A producer called the situation inside the conservative cable news outlet “an open secret”.

Barrett News Media

Published

on

A photo of the Newsmax logo

Multiple Newsmax employees have claimed the network’s Vice President of Programming, Chris Knowles, has committed sexual harassment against them.

According to a report from Mediaite, several employees have either claimed they were harassed by the executive or witnessed the events. The report claims Knowles has been told to “correct his behavior” but remains in his role.

While speaking on the record, one employee claimed she had been harassed by Knowles. A producer called the situation inside the conservative cable news outlet “an open secret”.

In response, the network claims it has no record of any complaints against Chris Knowles.

Newsmax has never had a single complaint about Mr. Knowles having sexually inappropriate activity with any staffer, either formally or informally,” a spokesperson for the network claimed. “And based upon our knowledge, we don’t believe any comments you claim he made constitute sexual harassment.”

However, an anonymous producer pushed back on that claim. “I know for a fact that there have been several HR claims against Knowles for sexual harassment issues,” the Newsmax producer said. “I am shocked they claim otherwise.”

According to his LinkedIn profile, Knowles has worked at Newsmax since 2019. He originally joined the network as Executive Producer before being elevated to Vice President of Programming in June of last year. Previously destinations include Fox News, CNN, The Blaze, and WPIX-TV in New York.

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

News Video

Fox News, Sean Hannity Will Host a Town Hall Event with Donald Trump

The event will be in Davenport, IA, at 9 p.m. ET.

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

A photo of the Fox News logo

Former President Donald Trump will again skip the Republican debate, which NewsNation is hosting next week. However, he will still be on television, just in another capacity.

According to Deadline, Trump will participate in a Fox News town hall on Tuesday, one night before the next Republican debate. The event will be in Davenport, IA, at 9 p.m. ET.

Furthermore, Sean Hannity, who is coming off moderating the debate between California Governor Gavin Newsom and Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, will be hosting the pre-taped event.

Meanwhile, the other Republican candidates will be at the Frank Moody Music Building in Tuscaloosa, AL, for the debate, with Elizabeth Vargas, Megyn Kelly, and Eliana Johnson serving as moderators.

Nikki Haley, DeSantis, and Vivek Ramaswamy are expected to participate in the event, but it remains uncertain whether Chris Christie will meet the qualifications to attend.

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading

News Video

NewsNation’s Chris Cuomo and Dan Abrams Spar Over Mediaite Story

“You don’t call when someone makes a comment on their show. You don’t have to say, ‘Did you say it?’ You know they said it.”

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

Chris Cuomo and Dan Abrams
Credit: NewsNation

NewsNation hosts Chris Cuomo and Dan Abrams got into a spar on Thursday. The reason for the sparring was due to Mediaite, a website that Abrams owns, for factually reporting on his own words.

Chris Cuomo stated he’d consider voting for former President Donald Trump because he’s open to voting for anyone. However, he had an issue with Mediaite leaving out key context for his remarks.

“Your outlet, and a lot of other ones, did what you often criticize, which is they didn’t contact me,” Cuomo told Abrams. “They didn’t want context.”

Abrams quickly pushed back, saying that Mediaite did not need to contact him over his comments.

“Wait, why do they need to contact you?” Abrams said. “What is there to contact you about? You said what you said in the interview. It speaks for itself. What do they have to contact you about?”

Cuomo then responded, telling Abrams that any credible reporter would be asking follow-up questions to ensure they had context for the comments.

“When you are going to cover what somebody said, you call if you’re a responsible reporter and say, ‘Hey, did you say this? And what did you mean when you said this?’” Cuomo added. 

Again, Abrams defended Mediaite and stated that they did not need to offer follow-up questions to Cuomo’s remarks. 

“What do you mean, ‘Did you do this?’ You’re not denying you said it,” Abrams told Cuomo. “You don’t call when someone makes a comment on their show. You don’t have to say, ‘Did you say it?’ You know they said it.”

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading

News Video

Tucker Carlson Quietly Steps Down from Board of The Daily Caller

“His board term was up and he’s busy with his new projects.”

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

A photo of Tucker Carlson
(Photo: Tucker Carlson)

The Daily Beast reported Thursday that former Fox News host Tucker Carlson quietly stepped down from the board of The Daily Caller. Carlson co-founded the media organization in 2011 and has held a chair position for over a decade.

Nonetheless, citing an unreported tax filing, the report notes that Carlson disappeared from the board of The Daily Caller News Foundation in 2022. Still, the precise timing is unclear.

Carlson did not comment on his removal from the board but attempted to diminish The Daily Beast and the reporter.

“You’re still working for The Daily Beast? How old are you?” Carlson asked. 

Tucker Carlson and The Daily Caller had kept the news hidden until recently. The nonprofit submitted its annual registration with the state on December 7, 2022, and Carlson’s name appeared as a director. 

The nonprofit did not include his name in the annual registration they filed earlier this month. Additionally, on their September 2022 tax return, they omitted to list him as a board member.

Neil Patel, co-founder and chairperson of The Daily Caller, has been serving on the board with Carlson since the beginning. He expressed in a statement to The Daily Beast that Carlson was too busy for his five-hour-a-week board position and had reached his term limit without providing any additional explanation.

“We love Tucker,” the statement said. “He’s our founder. His board term was up and he’s busy with his new projects, so we moved him to an honorary role.”

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Advertisement

BNM Writers

Copyright © 2023 Barrett Media.

Barrett News Media