Connect with us
BNM Summit

News Television

Fox News Unveils Format, Rules for First Republican Presidential Debate

Opening statements will not be made by the candidates. Those on stage will be offered one minute for answers, 30 seconds for follow-ups, and a 45-second closing statement.

Barrett News Media

Published

on

A photo of the Fox News logo

The first Republican Presidential debate is slated for later this month on Fox News and the network has created the ground rules for the event.

The debate — hosted in Milwaukee on August 23rd — will being at 9:00 PM and will last two hours. Fox News anchors Martha MacCallum and Bret Baier will moderate the event, with questions also being submitted by students of the Young Americans Foundation.

Opening statements will not be made by the candidates. Those on stage will be offered one minute for answers, 30 seconds for follow-ups, and a 45-second closing statement. Additionally, Fox News has told candidates to be prepared for a pair of commercial breaks running three to four minutes, which will allow candidates to use the restroom and receive hair and makeup touchups.

However, campaign staffers will not be permitted backstage at any time.

So far, eight candidates have qualified for the first debate after the Republican National Committee set guidelines for who can participate.

The list of candidates that have qualified for the first debate includes:
Donald Trump
Ron DeSantis
Mike Pence
Tim Scott
Nikki Haley
Vivek Ramaswamy
Chris Christie
Doug Burgum

It remains to be seen if former President Donald Trump will attend the first debate. He has previously declared he would receive no benefit from participating. Fox News officials have reportedly met with the former President urging him to participate. Trump, however, has referred to Fox News as a “hostile network” in an interview with Breitbart.

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

News Television

Tucker Carlson: What’s Happening to Alex Jones ‘Scariest Possible Thing’ in America

“It’s the clearest possible sign of tyranny and I’m heartbroken that this isn’t getting more attention.”

Barrett News Media

Published

on

A photo of Alex Jones and Tucker Carlson
(Photo: The Alex Jones Show)

Alex Jones is in jeopardy of losing control of Infowars, the company he founded in the late 1990s, due to his bankruptcy filings as he owes more than $1.5 billion in damages to the families of victims of the 2012 Sandy Hook mass shooting. Tucker Carlson believes Jones potentially losing his company is the latest sign of government overreach.

The former Fox News host appeared on The Alex Jones Show Thursday and shared that he’s deeply troubled by the most recent developments in the saga.

“I’m here, obviously, because we’re friends, but I’m really here on principle because there’s nothing you’ve ever said in your entire life or done in your entire life that’s scarier or more threatening to our country than what they’re doing to you right now,” Carlson said. “The government taking a broadcaster off the air –who has committed no crime — because he dares to criticize them is the scariest possible thing.

“It’s the clearest possible sign of tyranny and I’m heartbroken that this isn’t getting more attention. I think it’s a pivot point in our country, and if they can do this to you, they will do it to the rest of us.”

Carlson continued by arguing that Jones was only guilty of “doing the one thing you can’t do — attacking the people in charge.”

Jones thanked Carlson for always being in his corner and backing him, stating that when he was first “de-platformed”, the former Fox News host was one of the only prominent figures to argue that what was happening was wrong.

“This isn’t about Alex Jones, or Tucker Carlson, or Donald Trump, or Steve Bannon, it’s about they have to get through us to get to the public,” said Jones.

Tucker Carlson is slated to embark on a nationwide tour in September, bringing a live program with special guest conservative commentators to arenas around the country. Alex Jones is scheduled to join Carlson for a stop in Milwaukee on Monday, September 16th.

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading

News Television

CNN Promotes Charlie Moore to Vice President of Primetime Programming

From May 13-19th, the network posted its lowest-rated primetime showing since 1991 according to Nielsen figures.

Barrett News Media

Published

on

A photo of the CNN logo

Longtime Executive Producer of Anderson Cooper 360 — Charlie Moore — has been promoted to Vice President of Primetime Programming for CNN.

“Charlie will work with our prime executive producers to grow our primetime and support each program in showcasing our world-class journalism and delivering the best possible experience for our viewers,” CNN Executive Vice President of U.S. Programming Eric Sherling wrote in an email to employees obtained by TVNewser.

Moore will have his work cut out for him leading the primetime division. Last month, the network saw drops of 17% in total viewers and 15% in the coveted Persons 25-54 demographic during primetime hours.

During the week of May 13th, the network posted its lowest-rated primetime showing since 1991, according to Nielsen figures.

CNN’s primetime lineup currently consists of programs hosted by Erin Burnett, Anderson Cooper, Kaitlan Collins, Abby Phillip, and Laura Coates.

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading

News Television

Book From Fox News Host Pete Hegseth Debuts as New York Times Bestseller

“A great nation needs a great military, and I hope this book plays a role in restoring the military to its core function: deterring, fighting, and winning our wars.”

Barrett News Media

Published

on

A photo of Pete Hegseth and the Fox News logo
(Photo: Fox News)

A new book authored by Fox News host Pete Hegseth has debuted as a New York Times bestseller.

The War on Warriors: Behind the Betrayal of the Men Who Keep us Free debuted at the top spot in the non-fiction category on the bestselling list. Since its June 4th release, the book has sold more than 60,000 copies.

It is the fourth time an offering from Hegseth has landed on the list. It is the 11th consecutive book from Fox News Books to register on the acclaimed list.

“Publishing this book has been a moving experience from start to finish. I am honored and humbled that The War on Warriors has resonated with so many people; most especially with actively serving troops, veterans, and military families,” said Hegseth. “This book is for them, and for our country. A great nation needs a great military, and I hope this book plays a role in restoring the military to its core function: deterring, fighting, and winning our wars.”

A U.S. Army veteran, Hegseth served as an infantry Major and was deployed to Afghanistan, Iraq, and Guantanamo Bay during his time in the service. He currently serves as the host of FOX & Friends Weekend.

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Advertisement Will Cain
Advertisement

Upcoming Events

BNM Writers

Copyright © 2024 Barrett Media.