Donald Trump to Skip Fox News Debate for Interview With Tucker Carlson

Date:

Former President Donald Trump has maintained he will not participate in the first 2024 Republican Presidential debate airing on Fox News. A new report says he’ll instead sit down with Tucker Carlson.

The pairing appears to be a match of common interests in uniting against Fox News. Trump has called the cable outlet a “hostile network” after his interview with Bret Baier following one of his indictments earlier this summer. Meanwhile, former Fox News host Tucker Carlson has seen a downturn in viewership since he launched his Tucker on Twitter series after being removed from the Fox News lineup in April.

- Advertisement -

According to a report from The New York Times, Trump has told those in his inner circle that he will not participate in the debate, despite prodding from Fox News executives Jay Wallace and Suzanne Scott to attend the event.

Trump will reportedly sit down with Carlson on Thursday, August 24th, rather than participate in the debate scheduled for Wednesday, August 23rd.

The appearance on Tucker on Twitter is notable due to Carlson’s feelings about Trump being circulated during his former network’s defamation lawsuit brought forth by Dominion Voting Systems. In the evidence-gathering phase, messages from Carlson revealed a deep hatred and resentment toward Trump. In some messages, Carlson called Trump “a destroyer” and noted that the 45th President had the potential to destroy Fox News if the network mishandled any situation involving him.

It isn’t the first time, however, that Donald Trump has sat down with Carlson since the revelation of the host’s private disdain for the President came to light. While still employed at Fox News, Carlson scored the first interview with the former President after his first indictment.

- Advertisement -
Barrett Media Audio SummitBarrett Media Audio SummitBarrett Media Audio SummitBarrett Media Audio Summit

Popular