Connect with us
BNM Summit

News Radio

Morning Host Bryan Suits Exits 770 KTTH in Seattle

“So that doesn’t mean that the show’s over. It’s not like I wake up this morning after sleeping in and don’t take in the news.”

Barrett News Media

Published

on

A photo of 770 KTTH morning host Bryan Suits
(Photo: 770 KTTH)

770 KTTH morning show host Bryan Suits has departed the station in a round of layoffs.

Suits began hosting the daypart in February 2022. He also had stints hosting at KFI-AM 640 and 790 KABC in Los Angeles, as well as 600 KOGO in San Diego.

In a live stream on X, Bryan Suits shared his plans to continue to morning program as a digital video offering, airing on both the social media platform and on Rumble.

“Radio is a business. And I’ve chosen this business. This is the way it is. The company, Bonneville, has had two years to try to figure out what to do with 200,000 live streams per day and they couldn’t. But I can,” said Suits. “So that doesn’t mean that the show’s over. It’s not like I wake up this morning after sleeping in and don’t take in the news … This is the place to be.”

The station has replaced Suits with the nationally syndicated Armstrong & Getty from 6-9 AM. With the removal of Suits, afternoon drive program The Jason Rantz Show is now the only local weekday offering on 770 KTTH.

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading
2 Comments

2 Comments

  1. steve

    May 14, 2024 at 1:38 pm

    Brian Suits gone ???
    So am I.
    We don’t need out of town clowns that have built their brand by dropping the broadcast IQ in order to attract bay area, brain dead, entertainment junkies.
    You’ve done this before and it didn’t go well.
    We need a local guy with actual information, not a couple of comedians from San Fran-psycio that are in desperate need of a laugh track.

    • Nicole Petrino-Salter

      May 16, 2024 at 10:11 am

      The replacement duo is a major terrible flop and I miss solid conservative KTTH radio. Bring back Todd Herman no matter what you have to pay him. These moderates are killing the KTTH “conservative” brand. Are you or are you not the voice of conservatism?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

News Radio

Longtime LA Host Tom Leykis Retiring From Talk Show

“I wanted to go out on my terms when I wanted. So I did.”

Barrett News Media

Published

on

A photo of Tom Leykis
(Photo: NewRockstars via YouTube)

Longtime Los Angeles talk radio host Tom Leykis is stepping away from his internet-based show, calling it a career.

The former KFI AM-640 host also spent time in L.A. on then KMPC 710 and also on the hot talk formatted KLSX during his long tenure in the City of Angels.

After departing KLSX in 2009, Leykis didn’t begin his podcast until 2012 but continued hosting his internet show until earlier this year. On May 15th, he decided that was it.

“A long time ago, I realized I did not want to be like some of the hosts I heard in the past — begging for callers, stretching for topics,” Leykis told the LA Daily News. “I wanted to go out on my terms when I wanted. So I did.”

The 67-year-old has not hosted a show since that date and told the Daily News he is content with his decision to ride off into the sunset.

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading

News Radio

Longtime WLS-AM 890 Weekend Host Paul Brian Dies

“He was a legend in the industry, and he helped a lot of other people along the way, including myself.”

Barrett News Media

Published

on

A photo of the WLS logo

Longtime WLS-AM 890 weekend host Paul Brian has died at the age of 73.

For more than 20 years, Brian hosted the automotive-focused Drive Chicago program on the Cumulus-owned news/talk outlet.

Brian died last week, according to a story from the Chicago Sun-Times.

In addition to his work at WLS, he also previously hosted a variety of programs at WGN Radio in Chicago. In recent years, he hosted a car-centric show on YouTube.

“One of his favorite lines was: ‘Always entertaining and sometimes actually informative,’” his YouTube co-host Lauren Fix told the Sun-Times. “He was a legend in the industry, and he helped a lot of other people along the way, including myself.”

Brian’s daughter joked that he had everyone’s phone number, stating he had 9,000 contacts in his cell phone at the time of his passing.

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading

News Radio

Michael Smerconish: Presidential Debate Will Be ‘Financial Windfall’ for CNN

“Remember, this is not a Commission on Presidential Debates. The Commission on Presidential Debates was sort of cast aside…”

Barrett News Media

Published

on

A photo of Michael Smerconish
(Photo: CNN)

CNN is set to buck decades of precedent and air two commercial breaks during its upcoming Presidential debate. Michael Smerconish believes there’s a perfectly fine reason for that decision.

During his SiriusXM show Monday, Smerconish asked his audience about the microphone for one candidate being muted while the other candidate was speaking for CNN’s debate, before bringing up several other new changes for the debates.

In his recap, he shared his belief that the marriage was a win for the Trump campaign, the Biden campaign, and CNN.

“Remember, this is not a Commission on Presidential Debates. The Commission on Presidential Debates was sort of cast aside when the candidates got together first with CNN — then with ABC — and said we’re gonna go our own way, in large part I think, because they wanted to preclude Robert F Kennedy Jr. from having any access to that debate stage,” said Smerconish.

“There will be two commercial breaks. Unlike the Commission on Presidential Debates, CNN will have corporate sponsors. During the course, two breaks, of the 90-minute event, which will provide a financial windfall I am sure, for CNN.”

Smerconish polled his audience on whether or not they liked the idea of muting microphones during the debate. Nearly 74% of the almost 25,000 who responded said they were in favor of the new measure.

In addition to his program on SiriusXM, Michael Smerconish also hosts a weekend show on CNN.

Subscribe To The BNM Rundown

The Top 8 News Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox every afternoon!

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Advertisement Will Cain
Advertisement

Upcoming Events

BNM Writers

Copyright © 2024 Barrett Media.